• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine cold water extraction - A little advise please

Regretimine

Greenlighter
Hi there,

Just looking for some advise on how to preform a cold water extraction of codeine phospate. I took a few and felt very little, and dont want to increase the dose as i dont want all the paracetamol aswell.

A friend recomended extracting the codeine by crushing up the tablets mixing with water and then filtering it. I think im going to give this a try but dont realy no what amount to crush up. My friends face swelled up when him and his missus took to much and really dont fancy looking like that.
I recreationaly use opoids so it would be the first time ive done them, just the first time if extracted it.

Whats a safe dose to extract and with how much water to mix it with so it can all dissolve. Also how long do the effects take to kick in and for how long do they last? Any advise would be appritiated

how large are you? male or female?

personally I would CWE (cold water extract) a whole box of 8mg codeine 500mg paracetamol for a first time.

Here are some instructions:

-place the 32 tablets in a flat bottomed bowl and use the end of a rolling pin and hit the tablets until you crush them up, keep doing this until they are a fine powder. A little tip here is once you have crushed them up well 'stir' the mixture with the end of a rolling pin (you wil have to hold the bowl steady and apply some force), this will case the remaining tiny fragments to form a powder quicker than just hammering away at them.

-add 100ml of warm water, not hot but nice and warm. stir the mixture so that there are no mounds of powder left.

-place in a freezer until the water just about begins to freeze around the edges (this will take 15 mins max).

-Place 3 coffee filters inside one another, but you Must Remember to fold over the very bottoms of the coffee filters otherwise they are rendered useless and they will not filter effectively at all!

You see this filter, you would have to fold a crease just above the slight crease already present on the paper:
Paper_coffee_filter.jpg

Do this for 3 filters and place them inside one another.

-Wet the 3 filters with cold water so they stick together (allow excess water to drain off) then fold them over the edge of a glass like so:
url

-Dump the mixture in and place into the fridge, you will end up with a clear solution. Allow to drain and after say 15 minutes you will have some slightly moist mush left in the filters, fold over top of the filter over twice, invert it and queeze out any remaining water. What is left int he filter will be just paracetamol hopefully :)

-Take an antihistamine 45 minutes before, so basically before you begin pissing about with the pills. Your friends faces probably swelled up because they didn't do this.

-have a mixer on had to get rid of the taste, neck the solution and Enjoy :) You can't redose on codeine as it inhibits itself (so if you took say 50mg, then 200mg 15 minutes later the 200mg would have no effect).

-when you get confident with the process use DXM and white grapefruit juice to greatly potentiate the codeine. An antiacid 15 minutes before dosing the codeine is a good idea. Dose on an empty stomach! no food for atleast 3 hours beforehand!

Last edited:

personally I would CWE (cold water extract) a whole box of 8mg codeine 500mg paracetamol for a first time.

)

Thanks very much for the instructions

How many 8mg are in a box as i have 30 mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol? Im a male n i weigh about 13 stone

cheers

oh I see, I was assumin you were buying the OTC preparation, these come in boxes of 32 tablets, so a potential 256mg codeine per box.

So you have tried 90mg previously and felt very little? I would CWE 8 of them and see how you fare. Drinking the juice from one white grape fruit 30 minutes before you dose the codeine, and take 2 rennies 15 minutes before dosing and you should get well on your way :)

It took me 2 boxes CWEd (so around 500mg codeine) to really get there, but it is better to start off slow. Remember your Antihistamine, I take cetrizine and it works a charm.

If you smoke weed have a nice joint at the peak as opiates and green go together well.

i think 500mg would be too much without tolerance. I don't think the high would be overly intense but the histamine reaction may be. I'd try 120-150mg. Maybe CWE 300mg (10 pills) and drink half at first and see how that is and then take the other half later. I did a cwe on like 70 t3's and it was surprisingly effective. I didn't take them all at once though of course.

If you're using 30/500 codeine/paracetamol pills, then you don't need to use much water. 50 mls should be more than enough. If you put the pills in a blender for a couple of minutes (make sure and hold the lid down), it'll make a hell of a lot of noise, but reduce the pills to a very fine powder that'l filter quickly and efficiently. Ideally, take a low dose of diphenhydramine (available in cheap generic forms at most pharmacies as a sleeping pill), about an hour before taking the pills, as another poster pointed out, to cut down on the histamine release and increase the high (25mgs of diphenhydramine should be fine to start with). If you extract ten pills, you're only looking to remove a very small amount of the their overall content - 300mgs, leaving 10grams of powder behind - so there should be plenty of white gooey powder left in the filter when you've finished. If there isn't almost ten pillls worth of powder left in the filter, then DO NOT drink the solution - it'll be full of paracetamol. You might want to use two glasses & sets of filters, extracting five pills in each, to speed things up - and keep the containers in the fridge as it filters through, as paracetamol's more water soluble at warmer temperatures. If you've succeeded in extracting a clean solution, you'll know by the amount of powder left in the filters - some pills will have fillers that are water soluble and leave a milky solution, so colour isn't a definitive indication, but you can judge from the amount of powder remaining in the filter whether you've successfully seperated out the codeine. It's probably worth filtering a second time, running another round of water through the goopy powder in the filter, as you won't get all of the codeine the first time around. But I repeat, if the filters aren't full of wet white powder when you've finished, do NOT drink the solution, as it'll be full of a dangerous dose of paracetamol. And I wouldn't advise you to try an extraction when you've already taken 3 pills whole - that's 1500mgs of paracetamol, some more will get through even a clean CWE, and you shouldn't really take more than 1000mgs of paracetamol at once, leaving at least four hours before you take any more. UK health guidelines say never take more than 1000mgs every 4 hours, to a maximum of 4000 mgs a day - the US FDA advise no more than 3000. But if you've taken 3 whole pills, leave it at least four hours before you try an extraction. Codeine doesn't redose well, and has a very short half-life.

Be careful, be patient, and if in any doubt, don't drink the end product - it's not worth sustaining liver damage for a codeine high.

^ I agree with most of what has been said. Stick to below 200mg if you dont have much tolerance. Also as WWolf has said, dont go over 50ml of water. There is really no need as you will be disolving more of the acetominephen without any increase in codeine extraction. This is especially true since you are using RX only tabs that contain more codeine. Over 50ml also fucks with the filters and gets clogged. remember to filter through like leggings or terry cloth (my favorite) before putting the solution into the wet filter.

Also as a word of advice dont do more than one extraction a day. You may get sloppier with them as you get lit, potentially harming yourself.

Sometimes theres a man..

Thanks guys
Did the CWE last night with 10 tablets so 300mg and didnt realy feel that much really, nothing like i have when doing other opiats. Im going to push it up to 500mg today. Although it was a few hours after i did it last night id rather do it sobre so i can feel it alot more.

Thanks again and will keep posted

Here are some instructions:

-place the 32 tablets in a flat bottomed bowl and use the end of a rolling pin and hit the tablets until you crush them up, keep doing this until they are a fine powder. A little tip here is once you have crushed them up well 'stir' the mixture with the end of a rolling pin (you wil have to hold the bowl steady and apply some force), this will case the remaining tiny fragments to form a powder quicker than just hammering away at them.

-add 100ml of warm water, not hot but nice and warm. stir the mixture so that there are no mounds of powder left.

-place in a freezer until the water just about begins to freeze around the edges (this will take 15 mins max).

-Place 3 coffee filters inside one another, but you Must Remember to fold over the very bottoms of the coffee filters otherwise they are rendered useless and they will not filter effectively at all!

You see this filter, you would have to fold a crease just above the slight crease already present on the paper:
Paper_coffee_filter.jpg

Do this for 3 filters and place them inside one another.

-Wet the 3 filters with cold water so they stick together (allow excess water to drain off) then fold them over the edge of a glass like so:
url

-Dump the mixture in and place into the fridge, you will end up with a clear solution. Allow to drain and after say 15 minutes you will have some slightly moist mush left in the filters, fold over top of the filter over twice, invert it and queeze out any remaining water. What is left int he filter will be just paracetamol hopefully :)

-Take an antihistamine 45 minutes before, so basically before you begin pissing about with the pills. Your friends faces probably swelled up because they didn't do this.

-have a mixer on had to get rid of the taste, neck the solution and Enjoy :) You can't redose on codeine as it inhibits itself (so if you took say 50mg, then 200mg 15 minutes later the 200mg would have no effect).

-when you get confident with the process use DXM and white grapefruit juice to greatly potentiate the codeine. An antiacid 15 minutes before dosing the codeine is a good idea. Dose on an empty stomach! no food for atleast 3 hours beforehand!
I did this method tonight with 18 T3's, one thing that took me a while to find the answer to was "wow is there supposed to be this much marshmallow-y stuff left??". And from what I could find, yes?
I did a tiny second filter with a bit of cold water (VERY little), and while the first filter was clear, the second made it mildly milky.
I put my glass in a bowl of warm water and it seemed to take forever for them to dissolve, but don't be impatient - I tried this about 7 years ago, rushed it, didn't wet my filters and there was no "marshmallow" in my filter - a total waste.
Anyway, even with eating a couple of tums and 2.5 nitrazepam. ...meh. I have a super high tolerance to opiates (I need 8 percs to even get a mild buzz) as well as to benzos.
Im feeling pathetically mellow but the thing that made the cwe worth it was seeing how much acetaminophen was left behind!
I usually pop 14 t3's at once for a weak buzz...but now that I see all of that crap left behind after cwe, I'll be taking the time to do it from now on.
Wish I had a perc script but the logical person in me asked my doc to take me off them. Considering the buzz I seek I sort of wish I hadn't done that because now I'm a low-grade "will loperamide get me high" loser.
So take the time if all you have are T3's ...SAVE YOUR POOR LIVER!!