• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine and bupe while sick?

toothpaste29

Greenlighter
I'm prescribed 8mg twice a day of bupe but I only take half a film usually once in the morning and once at night so 8mg once a day, I have a really bad cough and respiratory infection right now and my throat is so sore it feels like sand paper, a family member gave me a bottle of codeine cough syrup, I have skipped my Suboxone dose today and my question is will I be okay taking what the bottle directs to help my throat if I don't take my Suboxone today or will it send me into precipitated withdrawals? Only reason I'm asking this is bc my throat hurts so fucking bad that I'm almost Willing to risk it but I'm scared of PW bc it might kill me with how sick I am, I don't even want the codeine to get high and I already know that I'm not even going to feel it bc of thw subs, what should I do?

I'm prescribed 8mg twice a day of bupe but I only take half a film usually once in the morning and once at night so 8mg once a day, I have a really bad cough and respiratory infection right now and my throat is so sore it feels like sand paper, a family member gave me a bottle of codeine cough syrup, I have skipped my Suboxone dose today and my question is will I be okay taking what the bottle directs to help my throat if I don't take my Suboxone today or will it send me into precipitated withdrawals? Only reason I'm asking this is bc my throat hurts so fucking bad that I'm almost Willing to risk it but I'm scared of PW bc it might kill me with how sick I am, I don't even want the codeine to get high and I already know that I'm not even going to feel it bc of thw subs, what should I do?
Me personally I wouldn't risk it. I haven't heard of codeine being used for that reason, it's more of a cough suppressant. There's other things you can take for a sore throat that won't come back to bite you in the ass.

Me personally I wouldn't risk it. I haven't heard of codeine being used for that reason, it's more of a cough suppressant. There's other things you can take for a sore throat that won't come back to bite you in the ass.
Yea ur right I don't think I'm going to risk it. Is there anything otc that you might recommend that won't interact with my subs?

it doesnt work that way, its the other way around, as in if u take bupre when ur addicted to other opioids it will send u to wd´s
also not taking bupre for one day it would still block codeine from working u would need atleast 3 or more days without to get it out of ur system

honey is what id suggest for the coughing etc tho

it doesnt work that way, its the other way around, as in if u take bupre when ur addicted to other opioids it will send u to wd´s
also not taking bupre for one day it would still block codeine from working u would need atleast 3 or more days without to get it out of ur system

honey is what id suggest for the coughing etc tho
Okay thank u that makes a lot of sense, I'll try some honey with the lozenges the other person suggested

You got it twisted. The suboxone will block the codeine. You can take it and will not go into precipitated withdrawal. But you won’t feel the affects of the codeine either.

I hope you feel better soon!

Always, fair winds and following seas

You got it twisted. The suboxone will block the codeine. You can take it and will not go into precipitated withdrawal. But you won’t feel the affects of the codeine either.

I hope you feel better soon!

Always, fair winds and following seas
Ty for the info, if I take a spoonful of codeine syrup will it at least help my cough? Ik I won't feel the opioid effects but will it at least help with my sickness or will it just do nothing and I'd be better off just putting it away for another time?

Ty for the info, if I take a spoonful of codeine syrup will it at least help my cough? Ik I won't feel the opioid effects but will it at least help with my sickness or will it just do nothing and I'd be better off just putting it away for another time?
My guess is it won't help. I’d stay with tea and honey and throat/cough lozenges.

My guess is it won't help. I’d stay with tea and honey and throat/cough lozenges.
Okay that's what I'll do, thank you so much for the info and advice and to the other posters thank you guys as well this was super helpful 😃