• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codeine after kratom. How long should I wait?

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,
I've been using kratom daily for 2 months. At this point I cut down to 4-5 teaspoons a day.
I wanted to try some codeine(tylenol 3) and take about 150+ mg. However, I know this might not be safe and I even read some posts where someone died from combining the two. How long should I wait between my last kratom dose and codeine? I know that since I take it daily it probably built up in my system over 2 months. If I take my last dose at night, and wake up and take codeine, would that be safe? Basically there will be 14-16 hours between the last kratom dose and codeine.

Thank you!

I would honestly wait at least 24 hours if you can't wait any longer. If it was me though I'd give it 48 hours to be safe.

From a little research the half life of Kratom is 5-7 hours so in theory all Kratom should be out your system in 14 hours, but again I would still give it 48 hours to be safe. What's an extra day when it comes to your safety and well-being

Last edited:
Both kratom and codeine are extremely mild in comparison to real opiates; I don't see how there's any real danger there. (Not to be THAT guy -- better safe than sorry I suppose)

If anything, perhaps the kratom might not work as well, if at all.

Both kratom and codeine are extremely mild in comparison to real opiates; I don't see how there's any real danger there. (Not to be THAT guy -- better safe than sorry I suppose)

If anything, perhaps the kratom might not work as well, if at all.

Thanks! Thats another thing I heard. Some people say that one might counteract another and u only feel either kratom or codeine (no synergy). Is this true?

Thanks! Thats another thing I heard. Some people say that one might counteract another and u only feel either kratom or codeine (no synergy). Is this true?

They won't syngergize, no. And IME, if I'm using any real opiates -- even tianeptine -- kratom will not work unless I wash out first.

In fact (and this may be completely anecdotal and due to the shitty nature of hydrocodone), its actually worked the OTHER way for me too. It took me about 150mg of hydrocodone to feel anything when taking kratom earlier the same day. My opiate tolerance is not that high these days, and normally half that would have me pretty damn high.