• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

cocodamol and methylphenidate (rit)

girlkicksin

Greenlighter
Swim had just been diagnosed with ADD and has been prescribed 5mg twice daily increasing every week till up to 60mg daily. Swim has used codiene 30/500 8 per day for a year or two and has just cut down from 8 tramadol per day to 1-2 and hoping to cut them out completely as they have heard its not a good mix with add meds. Will the rit help with tram withdrawal?? And is it safe to still take cocods and 10mg amitriptilyne at night?? Just joined any advice welcome!!! Xxx

Wrong forum- this is a memorial to dead BL members. Not trying to be a dick I doubt you did it on purpose. Should probably be in "Other Drugs"

Welcome to Bluelight :)

As has been said above, this isn't the right place for drug discussion. I'm going to move this to a more appropriate forum.

Also, we don't allow the use of "swim" here, it doesn't make your posts deniable in any way and makes them difficult and/or annoying to read.

As for your question(s), Ritalin will do nothing for withdrawals, if anything they may amplify them. I'm not sure about the other interactions, I assume a doctor has prescribed these for you and is aware what you're taking?

If I were you I'd try and cut down on the Co-cods, 4 grams of paracetamol daily is not good for you at all. Search for Cold Water Extraction, it's a method of separating the codeine from the paracetamol which your liver will thank you for..

I'd be careful about mixing antidepressants and Tramadol. Tram itself possesses antidepressant properties (being an SNRI similar in structure to Effexor), so a Tramadol overdose will manifest primarily as an antidepressant overdose (seizures, delirium, hyperthermia...) rather than an opioid overdose. To make matters worse, many antidepressants (including Amitriptyline) inhibit the enzyme that converts Tramadol into a metabolite that is a much weaker antidepressant and a stronger opioid - in other words: a person on antidepressants will, perversely, need more Tramadol to get high and less Tramadol to get a seizure.