• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocethylene

Suboxombie

Bluelighter
I've heard that mixing alcohol and cocaine, causing your body to crate cocethylene, will last longer in your system than either Coke or alcohol on their own.
My situation, This past Wednesday, I used about a .4 of crack cocaine. Today, Friday, Ive had a couple of stouts for st pattys day. May have more, depending on what answers I get.
So I'm wondering if this longer lasting cocethylene metabole (if that's what it is) only happens when you consume the two together in the same session? OR if I consume alcohol does the cocethylene still form since the cocaine is still present in my system? basically will I have either stay in my system longer because I did Both? Even if I consumed them 48 hours apart?

No, you won't create cocaethylene in your system if you haven't used cocaine in over 24-48 hours. You have to use them at the same time.

a heads up cocaethylene is more toxic than cocaine. increased chance of seizures, worse for your heart, can cause liver damage, and "carries an 18- to 25-fold increase over cocaine alone in risk for immediate death."

here's the source for that last bit: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9243342

which says cocaethylene has a plasma half-life three to five times that of cocaine. i'm not sure how that translates to practical differences, but drinking will not make crack last 3 - 5 times as long or even close.

Last edited:
Hmm so if Coke would stay in my system for say 3 days, drinking with it could make it show up for 3-5x longer, so 9-15 days? Sorry, I'm probably not understanding this correctly. Now I'm nervous because I'm on probation with weekly drug testing.

I have no idea. I dont think anyone really does. But i think your more likely to get caught with alcohol in your system because the dose here is important for example in that study they used 1 g per kg thats like a 12 pack for a 17-30 percent formation. Youd basically have to be poisoning yourself from alcohol

Thanks for your help guys. I guess I just have to wait and see. Hopefully I'm in the clear because I'm currently waiting on a violation hearing for my 2nd violation. My terms of probation don't include abstaining from alcohol just drugs so if it only shows up alcohol I should be ok.

was throwing out scary facts because i thought you were trying to create cocaethylene intoxication. you indeed have to consume them at the same time, because cocaine metabolites not cocaine stay in your system for however many days. so you're just riding out however long coke shows. rooting for you.