• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine + Xanax together?

brifkin33

Bluelighter
Ok so I have a hypothetical question. Sometimes I do too much yay and I am very geeked out. I also experience a rapid heartbeat and chest pain afterwards. Would popping 3 Xanax pills before doing a lot of coke make the ill effects less? Would I even feel high off the coke if I did it this way? Just curious.

Yes. It will counteract some of the unpleasant CNS stimulation from coke.

And yes, you would definitely still feel the yayo. It would make for a very pleasurable combination, which will likely be even more addictive than just the coke itself. Welcome to speedballing. Xanax is not going to dampen the euphoria of coke, just some of the CNS stimulation. It will also help a lot with the coke comedown.

However 3 bars might be a little overkill. I would stick with just 0.5-2mg at first if you don't have any benzo tolerance.

Be careful as this combo is going to feel VERY good and may lead you down a nasty path of dangerous, potentially fatal addiction.

Last edited:
@jackie jones

Everyone has their own tastes. Speedballing on almost any combo is my drug of choice and extremely addicting for me.

But yeah, maybe waiting until you come down off the coke is a better option. Definitely the safer way to go.

@jackie jones

Everyone has their own tastes. Speedballing on almost any combo is my drug of choice and extremely addicting for me.

But yeah, maybe waiting until you come down off the coke is a better option. Definitely the safer way to go.

I do not mind a speedball once in a blue moon, but in general I prefer hallucinogens with my opioids instead of stimulants.

But we have to remember to define Speedball correctly - Generally speaking, that is an Opioid paired with a Stimulant (specifically heroin and cocaine). Benzodiazepines are not Opioids. Because although Opioids are generally classified as Narcotics, they are not by definition sedating in nature.

At the end of the day its better to save the benzos till ur cokes gone but in my experience taking a benzo an hour before starting the coke can dampen some of the CNS stimulation and anxiety/paranoia with no detrimental effects to the cokes euphoria. If u tend to freak out by taking a little too much coke then it might be a good idea to take a small dose of Xanax (~1mg) an hour before.

Last edited:
But we have to remember to define Speedball correctly - Generally speaking, that is an Opioid paired with a Stimulant
I'm well aware but I don't see a reason to be so fastidious. What term would you apply to benzo + coke? Speedball seems appropriate to me.

@jackie jones

"Speedball (or powerball) is a mixture of cocaine (a stimulant) with heroin or morphine (an opioid) or sometimes benzodiazepine"

In my experience I used xanax before, during and after using cocaine, I did it sometimes to replace the use of alcohol with coke. It was more enjoyable that way, I suffer from anxiety and using coke without a depressant can get very uncomfortable.
If you do not have xanax tolerance keep the dose below 2mg

At the end of the day its better to save the benzos till ur cokes gone but in my experience taking a benzo an hour before starting the coke can dampen some of the CNS stimulation and anxiety/paranoia with no detrimental effects to the cokes euphoria. If u tend to freak out by taking a little too much coke then it might be a good idea to take a small dose of Xanax (~1mg) an hour before.
Thank you! This makes sense and is probably the best approach