• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine tolerance

baino420

Greenlighter
Hey I have never done cocaine before and don't know if I will, but I was wondering if after cocaine wares off, can you do the same amount with no increase risk of overdose? So I guess what im asking is if I had a gram of coke and never did it before and did a line once every hour till it was gone would that be dangerous or does cocaine no build up like that?

Within the same night, you'll need more and more lines to maintain the effect. For example if you decided to do cocaine tonight, and you started with one line. After the one line effect was gone, you would need more than one line to feel it.
But if you did 1g within a night, then stopped doing coke for like two or three days, your threshold quickly dropped back. So even just snorting one line, you could feel it.

^I agree with that. Cocaine creates a kind of tolerance that quickly increases during a binge rather than through using many days in a row.
To awnser your second question: Cocaine lasts for a very short time (1,5h at best). If you redose multiple times, it doesn't build up to a dose equivalent to taking the gram all at once and overdose does only occur after a very large dose. Nonetheless, the stress on your heart is is quite intense during a binge. If you get 8 doses out of your gram any take one every hour, than your heart is racing for 8 hours, which isn't very healthy!