• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine - Science behind saliva testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamegli

Greenlighter
Hey all - hopefully this doesn’t go against site rules.

I’m trying to understand how cocaine can still show up on a saliva test up to 10 days.

Some sources say cocaine can be detected from 2-8 days, others 1-10 days, some government analysis said up to 48 hours. Basically varying wildly.

I’ve done a fair bit of research and searching to try find reasons behind the discrepancy but couldn’t find much.

Anyone know what influences cocaine levels in saliva? What could cause it to stay detectable for such long periods?

Thanks all!

Hey all - hopefully this doesn’t go against site rules.
Sorry..........but it does.

The reason BL outlawed drug testing questions is because there can't be a factual amount of time for different people to metabolize drugs. Some can do it in days....others it takes longer. Genetics, health conditions, age, weight..........all kinds of factors in play. The guy next door can maybe be clean in 4 days and the lady on the other side takes a week. Just no way BL can really help anyone trying to figure out why drugs are still present in their system.

What I usually tell members before I close their threads is that if they know they have a UA coming up ( urine, blood, saliva whatever ) is to give yourself the maximum time that the charts in Google recommend. If the longest it ever took someone to metabolize it out was 10 days then give yourself 10 days. Might be gone in 3 but at least you would be clean.

Sorry I have to close this. BL allows almost all other subjects to be discussed but drug testing is so uniquely individualized that nothing we could say will help you. Or me. Or anyone else. Our own biological makeup will determine how quickly or slowly we metabolize substances. The internet has some good charts to give you a good idea of length of time though. Just always use the max time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.