• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine recovery from failed cook

Caseyschroe

Greenlighter
Question: last night i tried to cook up some base for the first time using the double boiler method. I weighed 1.8 grams and added .35 - .40 Baking soda, added to cups water inside a glass bowl inside a pot of warm water, increased heat and brought it up to almost a boil, but the reaction didn’t happen other than for a few seconds right in the beginning. Then nothing happened. So now i have a bowl of water with coke and baking soda dissolved in it. I put the bowl into a bowl of ice after about 5 min of hearing. Nothing coagulated and it does when I’ve cooking with a spoon. I stirred the water gently with a nail for most of the heating process.

What do i do now? Is there any way to recover the cocaine?

One time I tried to acetone wash an ounce of cocaine and none of the product was recovered meaning the drug I had to begin with was never cocaine and I suspect it was MDPV.

I’m not sure why it didn’t work for you, to remove the water you could put it in the oven at like 150-180F for a few hours to dry it out, not sure how youd remove the baking soda.

An acetone wash would probably do the trick if it’s good coke, look up acetone cocaine wash. It’s sorta a lotta work though

A cup of water sounds excessive, you should have used far far less it probably was too dilute. Now it’s probably hydrolyzing. I’d add a lot more baking soda and try again.

-GC

I used way too much water. If i let it evaporate for a couple days will it become concentrated enough to attempt again, or will it be inert at that point?

Might be inert, you need to act now if you want any hope. Find the solubility of baking soda in water then get a little below that, heat again and pray freebase oils out.

-GC

Might be inert, you need to act now if you want any hope. Find the solubility of baking soda in water then get a little below that, heat again and pray freebase oils out.

-GC

Yep, baking soda is very water soluble, where as Cocaine is only slightly soluble. I'd put the full 2.2 grams in a little water (stir but don't boil), then pour the liquid through a coffee filter a few times and the baking soda should fall through the filter with the rest of the liquid and most of the Cocaine should be caught by the filter (although there will be some very minor loss).