• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine cocaine: questions regarding comedown and self care after.

mothself

Greenlighter
Hello, long time reader and first time poster. I have some questions regarding cocaine(nasal usage) that are either unique to me, or I haven’t found answers to. I will preface this by saying I am 5’,”2, and 110ish lbs. I take 60 mg of duloxetine. I often see people talking about comedown off cocaine, and while I don’t quite experience it as brutally, I find that even when I dose in the morning (8-9am) and do not redose(I do not use more than once a day and keep my usage to at most 2-3x a week), I have terrible trouble sleeping that night or do not sleep at all. Could this be due to anxiety over the idea of not being able to sleep? Is there anything besides benzodiazepines/opiates that can help(I.e otc) I’ve tried melatonin and Benadryl(although that usually just increases my heart rate so I have steered away from it). I’ve had luck with gabapentin, but don’t have access to it. Will the Aripiprazole i was given help? Also why is it a breeze to clean everything but yourself afterward, like showers are such a chore. Also tips regarding reducing jaw clenching. Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Self care? Stimulants are honest and brutally so : you reap what you sow. If you feel like complete garbage and paranoid/crashing beyond your comfort zone, welcome to having a good time on stimulants and letting time slip by quickly/doing too much lol.

Benzos will help greatly with your crash as you said.. but smoothies (fruit smoothies, or any kind of healthy juice) will help greatly. Drink the most pretentious fruit smoothie or bottled fruit drink you can find. Any loaded with vitamins/nutrients.

Sorry OP... you're just going to have to do cocaine not as much as anyone would ever want to lol. Accept the pain when you can of the crash. Maybe you can learn to equate how much coke up your nose and fun you're having to the terrible aftermath feeling that stimulants always bring. Drink water as well... but I would actually recommend phenibut (but do NOT use daily). Phenibut is a gabapentin-like substance that is derived from a plant naturally believe it or not. It will help with your crashes but it does have a withdrawal when used/abused daily. Save it for only the cocaine crashes if you go down that route.

I no longer complain about my crashes on 300 milligrams of adderall in 2/3 sittings throughout a day LOL. I just deserve the crashes by this point and know it too. The crash is brought upon ourselves by no one else... but ourselves ;) Like why did I take 300 milligrams of adderall? Not to focus clearly. So I guess I deserve the crash and suffer teehee...

Self care? Stimulants are honest and brutally so : you reap what you sow. If you feel like complete garbage and paranoid/crashing beyond your comfort zone, welcome to having a good time on stimulants and letting time slip by quickly/doing too much lol.

Benzos will help greatly with your crash as you said.. but smoothies (fruit smoothies, or any kind of healthy juice) will help greatly. Drink the most pretentious fruit smoothie or bottled fruit drink you can find. Any loaded with vitamins/nutrients.

Sorry OP... you're just going to have to do cocaine not as much as anyone would ever want to lol. Accept the pain when you can of the crash. Maybe you can learn to equate how much coke up your nose and fun you're having to the terrible aftermath feeling that stimulants always bring. Drink water as well... but I would actually recommend phenibut (but do NOT use daily). Phenibut is a gabapentin-like substance that is derived from a plant naturally believe it or not. It will help with your crashes but it does have a withdrawal when used/abused daily. Save it for only the cocaine crashes if you go down that route.

I no longer complain about my crashes on 300 milligrams of adderall in 2/3 sittings throughout a day LOL. I just deserve the crashes by this point and know it too. The crash is brought upon ourselves by no one else... but ourselves ;) Like why did I take 300 milligrams of adderall? Not to focus clearly. So I guess I deserve the crash and suffer teehee...
Thanks for your answer! I’ll look into phenibut for emergencies. It’s likely for the best that I don’t do stimulants as much, writing this after yet another night of shitty on and off sleep.

I've been bad on the coke the past couple of years. I'm at a ok place now using maybe once every 1 or 2 weeks rather than every waking hour being a fiend 😒

I don't really suffer a comedown as such its more mental feeling slightly depressed or low negative thoughts an so on. Slight feeling of guilt these days too as I'm no longer a daily user nor feel addicted so after a binge the next day all those emotions hit me guilt mixed with feeling low and tired which doesn't help.
I can eat and sleep a few hours after using. As already stated nutrients from good food n healthy drinks do help. And obviously sleep. I like xanax to put me to sleep after a coke binge . I find diazepam too euphoric an stimulating which ends up me buying more coke lol where as xanax knocks me out.
Pregablin are brilliant for this too.
Apart from advice given being positive n thinking positively knowing its only the comedown making you feel this way helps me alot. Knowing the next evening ill sleep like a baby n wake up refreshed.
All the best mate hope this kinda helps 😉

Wait are you saying even if you take one dose of cocaine at 8 or 9 in the morning you can't sleep that night? If so, that's not normal. I used to smoke crack all night long and still fall asleep by 7 or 8 am. Are you using other stimulants like coffee, tea, chocolate, soda (anything with caffeine) or tobacco? Do you ever have problems sleeping when you don't use cocaine?

Valerian is a very good and safe herbal sleep aid, so I would give that a try but I suspect you have more going on thats just a single dose of cociane in the morning leading to your sleeping difficulties.

As for self care after stimulants, the best thing to do is eat some healthy food, hydrate, and rest/ relax with or without pharmacological aid. Also, considering your pattern of use have you thought about trying coca leaves? They are much safer than cocaine and have very little come down. I had some coca tea the other day, made the mistake of drinking more too close to bedtime but still did get to sleep eventually. Seeing as how youre only taking one dose of cocaine, the leaves might be enough to satisfy you.

Wait are you saying even if you take one dose of cocaine at 8 or 9 in the morning you can't sleep that night? If so, that's not normal. I used to smoke crack all night long and still fall asleep by 7 or 8 am. Are you using other stimulants like coffee, tea, chocolate, soda (anything with caffeine) or tobacco? Do you ever have problems sleeping when you don't use cocaine?

Valerian is a very good and safe herbal sleep aid, so I would give that a try but I suspect you have more going on thats just a single dose of cociane in the morning leading to your sleeping difficulties.

As for self care after stimulants, the best thing to do is eat some healthy food, hydrate, and rest/ relax with or without pharmacological aid. Also, considering your pattern of use have you thought about trying coca leaves? They are much safer than cocaine and have very little come down. I had some coca tea the other day, made the mistake of drinking more too close to bedtime but still did get to sleep eventually. Seeing as how youre only taking one dose of cocaine, the leaves might be enough to satisfy you.
Now that you mention it, I do have a habit of using caffeine during the day. Could this be causing my inability to sleep? I’ve had sleeping trouble most of my life, asmr was what changed that for me. But my sleep issues have been returning, and stress could also be a big favor or here as well.

I feel I should mention Phenibut is a synthetic drug. GABA, a closely related substance, is found in plants though.

-GC

Now that you mention it, I do have a habit of using caffeine during the day. Could this be causing my inability to sleep? I’ve had sleeping trouble most of my life, asmr was what changed that for me. But my sleep issues have been returning, and stress could also be a big favor or here as well.

Of course it can, especially if you are consuming cocaine and caffeine in the same day. Caffeine interferes with deep sleep even for people who can sleep after using it.

There are many things you could try;

-A strong tisane mix (lavender, valerian roots, camomille, passiflora, lemon balm, and vervain)
-Smoking indica weed (if you are comfortable with weed)
-Making a healthy bad tasting smoothie (fruits and vegetables, coconut oil, ashwaganda, curcuma, ginger)
-Taking a small dose of a benzo will help if nothing works.

For the jaw clenching use magnesium.

I guess I’m so used to my Klonopins that they now don’t help at all with the comedown. It’s awful.