• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine Purity?

Curbhopper

Greenlighter
I recently got 3 g of 70% pure cocaine from Bolivia. I've done quite a bit of it but still haven't gotten that high. I'm wondering if there is a huge difference in quality between this stuff and 100% pure coke? I may buy again sometime soon and I'd like to know if it's probably worth the price to pay more for pure coke? I've only done coke a few times and this is the best quality I've had but I have a really high tolerance to all drugs (just how my body works in general). I'd rather pay more for less, at higher quality, if there's going to be a substantial difference in the high. Thanks for any advice or anecdotes from experience.

No, most drugs are crystal in 100% pure form. Many freebase phenethylamines are volatile liquids in pure form but you never find those in freebase form because they'd all evaporate into the air after a while and be gone. They're always some salt form (HCL or something else). For example, pure street meth is a totally clear crystal. Of course many pure drugs are clear crystals so a clear crystal doesn't mean your meth is pure. Pure cocaine is a scaly looking fluffy powder. There are even some pure drugs that are orange (2C-N for example).

70% pure is better than most street cocaine in the US. A lot better than the bullshit in my area. With 70%, you know there is 30% of the total volume as cuts, and what the cuts are will affect the quality of the experience. So it's probably worth it to get really pure coke, if you can.

@Xorkoth Thanks a lot for the advice. Yeah, there are absolutely cuts in this coke and there's like a noxious chemical/solvent kind of smell/taste when you insufflate it. I would "like" your post, but I don't seem to have a "like" button to press in the lower right corner--maybe it's because I'm new here or there's a glitch with my account or something? Again, thanks. I've read a bunch of your posts and you seem like a font of helpful information!

Pure cocaine kinda smells like gasoline, or at least so is my understanding of it. I've never actually encountered pure cocaine.

I don't seem to have a "like" button to press in the lower right corner--maybe it's because I'm new here or there's a glitch with my account or something?
the like feature is available only to bluelighters, once you reach your 50 post count to become one you'll be able to use it

Just want to add some comments here from a 25+ years user and student of cocaine:

1). Pure coke actually does not have a strong diesel or kerosene odor. Doesn’t mean that diesel or kerosene odor means it’s bad by any means. But true, pure cocaine is actually quite mild in its scent, and would mislead a lot of people who immediately associate gasoline smell with great cocaine. Perform several different washes on cocaine to create a highly pure product, and it will NOT smell like it came out of your gas tank.
2). Many people find they do not necessarily like the experience off pure coke. While it does not give you the sketched out, totally amped feeling of coke adulterated with active cuts, it comes across at first as almost “not working”. This is because for those not familiar with it, one line is insufflated and the user is not immediately slammed with that intense body buzz that amped coke gives. So said user goes back too quickly for another line, and possibly a fatter line, and THEN it hits them like a ton of bricks. Coke can put the body under a lot of stress, so if you are not tolerant to the high, many can find it uncomfortable after just a little overdoing.
3). Many internet threads describe pure coke as a “mellow” high. Not necessarily. Its mellowness comes from the fact that its purity actually allows you to come down from it much easier than a heavily cut product. But if you overdo pure coke you will be humming and feel it like a freight train.
4). There is a reason many inexperienced or low tolerant coke users will ironically make comments about wanting to cut their own coke. Because that is what the majority of people are used to these days, and so a highly pure, relatively uncut product will leave them feeling too intense, and longing for a product with some inert cuts.
5). The notion of “pure coke” is mostly fantasy. Even the most potent bricks often have alkaloids and other inert cuts from the production process that will render the coke far from pure. So when someone tells you they have 90%+ “fire” take it with a big grain of HCL. Even in its best, purest day that coke itself is probably in the 75-80% range, as confirmed through multiple lab testings by the way. Which means that what you think is 70% is more likely in the 50-66% range.

For me, good coke (I'm sure I've never had pure) is a very natural-feeling high. I feel utterly full of love and like I can talk to anyone and do anything. It doesn't even really feel a stimulant unless you keep doing it, that initial perfect feeling wears off and it becomes increasingly sketchy. But only with good oke will I be totally fine just doing the initial dose. Best coke I ever had, I met someone at a music festival where I took 300ug of LSD and couldn't find my people. This girl asked if I wanted some coke and I said yes, and she gave me 1 tiny spoon bump per nostril, couldn't have been more than 15, maybe 20mg per bump. It dissolved into m face and my entire face went numb, throat, cheeks, teeth. I went from having a difficult experience with anxiety to feeling absolutely perfect. It felt wholesome. I never had more that night, never had a crash, just gently became normal again but the mood and confidence boost stayed and I had an amazing next 6 to 8 hours until the sun came up.

The shit my bandmate is always getting, and everything I've ever had in my town, is bullshit, it doesn't numb you AT ALL, the best shit will slightly numb you but absolutely nothing like other stuff I've had or especially that one time. It's a totally different drug, one that either just plain isn't cocaine, or one that contains very little actual cocaine, Nowhere near the same high.

I've done very good coke in my life, I am from South America.

I don't have a machine to measure the purity levels, but speaking about my experience, when I have a very good one, I do very small lines and it is more than sufficient to stay HIGH AS FUCK, right after the sniff (or minutes after).

If I do large lines, I die, simple as that, it's VERY strong.

Of course, over time resistance is developed.

Pure cocaine kinda smells like gasoline, or at least so is my understanding of it. I've never actually encountered pure cocaine.
i somewhat disagree with it needing to smell like gasoline, id like to think i've used my fair share of coke to tell between the two, there are two different smells, the first you can smell off the coke, which good shit smells more like a chemicaly smell to me, which is always appearent depending on the quality after you cook it, if you bring it up to your nose if you've cooked properly there should be a distinct cooked coke smell that varies with difference sources obviously but i've never distinctly defined the smell as gasoline itself, id have a heard time describing it other than chemicaly, i dunno i'll just attach a picture of some coke thats my regular from 2 months ago, you can also somewhat tell it's proper if you break a rock open and it somewhat shines abit against bright light (make sure you aint getting glass tho lel.) ive been told that this particular batch which, fucker is running out of lately is around 80-85%
ps. good coke also smells the moment you open that bag. your sinuses will become coke seeking missiles

actually i found another pic from a different source i got to test out last week that was extraordinarily similar in quality (but we must acknowledge that i smoke it so if it was shit i wouldn't end up with much after i'm done cooking so that being said id like to think its harder to rip off someone who smokes the product hm?

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_183127.jpg
    IMG_20190504_183127.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 24
  • rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The gasoline (sometime kerosene) smell is just residual non-polar solvents from which the HCl was precipitated. It might be that the solvent ends up trapped in the crystals or it hasn't been dried properly. A wash like acetone should remove it.

The first time I smelled coke, it kind of reminded me of the marina. A sweet mix of petroleum & paint with an undertone of shady wealth..

I find really good coke either has little to no smell or can be a little bit like house paint, for lack of a better description. Generally a pleasant smell.

The gasoline (sometime kerosene) smell is just residual non-polar solvents from which the HCl was precipitated. It might be that the solvent ends up trapped in the crystals or it hasn't been dried properly. A wash like acetone should remove it.

The first time I smelled coke, it kind of reminded me of the marina. A sweet mix of petroleum & paint with an undertone of shady wealth..

I find really good coke either has little to no smell or can be a little bit like house paint, for lack of a better description. Generally a pleasant smell.
pleasant to the nose indeed, and not just because its coke, but it is a pleasant type of smell, albeit somtimes i get alittle too smell-happy and accidently snort some, yeah you just read that accidently snorting coke, and it really gets on my nerves because i smell every single bag because anytime theres a difference i notice it immediately from that source who oddly comes to me when he wants someone to tell him what they really think of the batch before he buys a larger quantity of it, i've only ever had one batch which he oddly told me was strictly not to put in my nose (even though he knows i only smoke the stuff) that tasted somewhat off even after two cooks so it wasn't my cooking, told him shit batch was shit, he offered me my money back though, but he damn well better with what i spend.

a good thing would not to buy powdered cocaine too. i very very rarely buy powder (re rocking is a thing but 80%of people will find it way too tedious a process)

I used to get good quality cocaine in NY which I always cleaned with acetone. The stronger samples that I got always had a strong gasoşine smell but once I washed them, there was no smell left.

As a rule of thumb, when I am buying, I can visually check the cocaine purity (roughly, of course) by seeing its diffraction power. So put the rock against the sunlight and watch for the scintillations, if you see a lot of them, it is a very good signal, most of the impurities will decrease this effect. Otherwise, if it is pure, it will considerably display this effect.

As a rule of thumb, when I am buying, I can visually check the cocaine purity (roughly, of course) by seeing its diffraction power. So put the rock against the sunlight and watch for the scintillations, if you see a lot of them, it is a very good signal, most of the impurities will decrease this effect. Otherwise, if it is pure, it will considerably display this effect.
aha the 5 bags i got today shine at me like the sun itself