• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine & Propranolol

autodidactuser

Greenlighter
Doc just prescribed me 10mg propranolol (to help with anxiety). I’m 25 with no heart conditions that I’m aware of.
I’ve recently bought an 8ball of cocaine and wondering how long I should wait before taking the propranolol after doing some lines.
Also, how long after taking propranolol is it safe to do lines?
I don’t plan on taking them together as I’m aware of the opposite effects to the heart.
I’ve never taken beta blockers, but am a frequent flyer with coke and other substances.

Also, any advice for taking beta blockers for the first time?

They are generally safe to take together, no major adverse reaction. If anything, propranolol may save your heart from a toxic cocaine dose (don't take this as a reason to go crazy with it).

It's not the same thing as say a CNS downer + cocaine or CNS upper.

Personally I would probably load up on propranolol before cocaine.. but that's mostly because I have high blood pressure and heart issues from alcoholism. I was taking 180mg propranolol per day at one point...

10mg is a low dose. The only advice I have is taking a higher dose before you're used to it can make you unpleasantly lightheaded (potentially dangerous), but otherwise benign drug.

Propranolol has anecdotally been a remedy for coke dick if you're concerned about that.. (probably due to controlling high blood pressure caused by coke).