• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Cocaine OD?

casual-eater

Bluelighter
I'm not a fan of cocaine (maybe tried something like 150mg of the pure substance in all my life) i prefer amphs because sometimes they really help me with the amount of work I have to get done but I was asking myself:

What is the average OD dosage or LD50 of pure Cocaine? (supposely with no tolerance or little)
And how does it feel like? Have you got any expriences? Are you still euphoric? Because on opioids the OD is still euphoric and I read that people don't realise or don't give a shit about their condition.

I Heard many stories about the moreish of the substance that brings people near to the OD dosage.

Just trying to make some harm reduction I'm not intersted in coke espescially in high dosage, thank you.

Last edited:
Cocaine / stimulant overdose would be an absolute nightmare. I've been close but never actually had one. When you literally feel your heart is about to stop because of how fast its pounding and then you seize up, that's what it would feel like. It feels like death, like you wish you never touched cocaine. Give me a heroin overdose anyday of the week before I OD on coke. I've OD'd on heroin numerous times, you don't even know it happens until you wake up with cops or paramedics around or friends pouring water on you. I wouldn't call an opiate overdose euphoric though, I was high for about 45 seconds before I was done for last time.

I very rarely do coke as like you I much prefer amphetamines (much cheaper, last much longer, much more productive). I usually IV it if I do it and always make sure I have some benzo's on hand. Benzo's are your best friend in case of stimulant OD. It's what you'd get in hospital, anyway. If not benzo's beta blockers are always great to get your blood pressure and heart rate under control. When I get psychosis I find 1-2mg of Alprazolam makes everything nice again.

Yeah benzos are life safer in almost any situation except opioids and alcohol, in that case the respiratory depression is exponentially increased.
However I once kind of OD on a substance called Serenase (Haloperidol) an antipsychotic med that at the time I tought was something like benzo (yeah, very stupid me of some years ago) but it was actually used for stims/trips come down when things went wrong. The bad feeling hit me the next day: I was forced to incline my head up and I almost could not breath and speak, and my back head muscle were all contracted. The funny/strange thing is that I exprienced it the next day (the previous day I already had those feeling but i managed to sleep over) after I smoked pot! I took 90mg codeine with paracetamol but nothing in the next 20 min so a friend called an ambulance, it was the first time I cried in years cause the paramedics didn't believe my story (and in fact it was almost no sense).
In hospital they gave me Valium and oh boy, let me tell you when weed, codeine and valium hit me I was almost on the way to the heaven since few minute before I was a couple of steps before hell.

Benzos can be life saver, I always have some even in case of some allergic reaction. But they are definetely something not to get addicted or have an habit.

I had a convulsion one time and it truly felt good. Mid ringer, bam eyes in back of head arms a flapping. Felt good as fucked as that is.

i got a bellringer, 2min later, i felt like my chest was tight, i instantly felt weak, all i could feel was my heart beating out of my chest, i reached for my kpins, smashed idk about 16mg, threw most of it down, crushed up morphine and oxy, threw that down, and i was rushing this shit too which i never do, i think if i had let it go, i'd probably have passed away on that first occasion, but im glad i can freely smoke that amount now and not be worried, but cocaine is a dangerous drug, Use drugs with care and moderation, this is the key to keeping on the safe side of thing while using, and you can always take more never less

I snorted 1,500mg of wellbutrin in an hour or two, and like OpiateKiller said, my heart was beating so fast it was skipping beats. I felt dizzy and almost blacked out.

I snorted 1,500mg of wellbutrin in an hour or two, and like OpiateKiller said, my heart was beating so fast it was skipping beats. I felt dizzy and almost blacked out.
yep. thats what a stim od feels like ^ and if you don't have benzos/opiates.... it's not a good situation, and even then you have only so long to react

Personally I wouldn't recommend opioids to treat a stimulant OD as u can speedball. Benzos and Antipsychotics are the most effective for stim OD. Even certain atypical (not SSRIs/SNRIs) antidepressants like Mirtazapine can be effective too because of it's antagonistic action on dopamine and serotonin receptors.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't recommend opioids to treat a stimulant OD as u can speedball. Benzos and Antipsychotics are the most effective for stim OD. Even certain atypical (not SSRIs/SNRIs) antidepressants like Mirtazapine can be effective too because of it's antagonistic action on dopamine and serotonin receptors.
I would want to add that if one is to take MAOIs in an OD situation, make sure you're not taking any drug that has a bad reaction with it, that's quite a few drugs.

One of the reasons i stopped taking mirtazepine

It really varies from person to person and the fact that Cocaine is available only as a street drug of dubious quality/purity, the LD50 as it has been determined in a control setting is not really gonna be helpful here. I think we can definitely approximate what is "too much", but I think a more effective method of remaining safe would be to simply keep track of how you feel and when cautionary symptoms emerge like panic, don't go further. I know this is difficult, but it's sort of all we have. As others have stated, when you overdose on Opioids you typically just become unconscious and die with no cognizance of the danger you're in. With stimulants, an overdose is often a very psychologically and physically distressing event that is decidedly "not fun" for most.

I would want to add that if one is to take MAOIs in an OD situation, make sure you're not taking any drug that has a bad reaction with it, that's quite a few drugs.

One of the reasons i stopped taking mirtazepine

Yeah taking MAOIs on top of Cocaine would be very dangerous indeed! MAOIs would actually potentiate Cocaine, so yeah MAOIs + Cocaine is a big no no!