• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine making you really hot

new2drugs

Bluelighter
Had a line today and felt so hot was sweating and had to lie down...2 other ppl had same batch and were fine.

God felt like head was spinning and about to die. Air con helped and gradually got better.

Any explanation?

Hyperthermia is a very common and documented side effect of cocaine, and most stimulants. Although it generally only occurs at a noticeable/bothersome level with higher doses.

Most recreational drugs, even non stimulants, can effect your body temperature. In extreme cases, it can be potentially dangerous.

If you only took 1 line and it became a major issue, there may be other factors at play, such as underlying health issues, drug interaction, you have a fever/infection, allergic reaction , etc.

If you also felt dizzy, I'd get your blood pressure checked and maybe visit with a doctor.

Last edited:
Hyperthermia is a very common and documented side effect of cocaine, and most stimulants. Although it generally only occurs at a noticeable/bothersome level with higher doses.

Most recreational drugs, even non stimulants, can effect your body temperature. In extreme cases, it can be potentially dangerous.

If you only took 1 line and it became a major issue, there may be other factors at play, such as underlying health issues, drug interaction, you have a fever/infection, allergic reaction , etc.
I'm sensitive to heat so that must be it. Wasnt feeling good at all

This can happen with any stimulant from Caffeine all the way to Methamphetamine. The nervous system speeds up essentially all of the body's processes from heart rate to the rate of digestion. This can lead to feelings of heat, perspiration and will often encounter in tandem with symptoms like palpitations of the heart/tachycardia.

It happens. It's likely not anything serious, though Cocaine is a dangerous drug to the cardiovascular system. To tell you "you're fine" would be irresponsible, but if you're breathing and communicating now, you're likely okay.

This can happen with any stimulant from Caffeine all the way to Methamphetamine. The nervous system speeds up essentially all of the body's processes from heart rate to the rate of digestion. This can lead to feelings of heat, perspiration and will often encounter in tandem with symptoms like palpitations of the heart/tachycardia.

It happens. It's likely not anything serious, though Cocaine is a dangerous drug to the cardiovascular system. To tell you "you're fine" would be irresponsible, but if you're breathing and communicating now, you're likely okay.
Was fine just needed air and to take shirt off.

Probably wasn't great doing it while squashed in the back of a van with 2 others. Need to walk about

Was fine just needed air and to take shirt off.
I wouldn't brush it off so easily.

I am also sensitive to temperatures, I also suffer from hyperhidrosis. I sweat a lot and overheat even when I'm sober.

I've done my fair share of cocaine and never recall ever becoming bothersomely overheated. The only time I've become seriously overheated from drugs was a meth overdose.

Just be careful is all I'm saying, and listen to your body.

I wouldn't brush it off so easily.

I am also sensitive to temperatures, I also suffer from hyperhidrosis. I sweat a lot and overheat even when I'm sober.

I've done my fair share of cocaine and never recall ever becoming bothersomely overheated. The only time I've become seriously overheated from drugs was a meth overdose.

Just be careful is all I'm saying, and listen to your body.
Thanku. Yes. Don't take big lines