• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine loss of euphoria

Richi1

Bluelighter
This obviously isn’t a major issue but I thought it’d be nice to get some thoughts.

The first time I tried coke was during my university days. The dealer himself was a family friend who is actually supplier (plug), gets it in bulk and sells it in bulk to street dealers. I know for a fact it was very pure stuff. In short, it was absolutely amazing. Every time. For a the few odd times I tried it over the course of a few months.

After that I completely forgot about it for like 3/4 years. Last year it was my birthday and I the thought sprang into my mind and I bought it again, same guy. Again in short, no euphoria, or little to none.

I of course suspected that it had been heavily cut and maybe it’s not the same thing. I continued buying in the hope that maybe one of the packs will be that golden fish scale I missed. Nope. I went through like 5 different dealers, same issue.

As a last resort I took a batch to a friend’s party and they all took the exact same and had a great time but for me again, nothing.

It’s not ADHD for sure because a) I don’t think I would’ve randomly developed it and b) I’ve tried Adderall and that was an amazing high.
It also can’t be dopamine depletion because I’ve taken years of a break. Neither is dosage because once again the breaks, and I also recklessly railed fat lines at once too.

Any theories as to what’s going on? I genuinely don’t think it’s because the coke is bad. Of course it’s not going to be like the 80s, but it’s not so junk to a degree that I’d feel hardly anything.

Did you go pretty hard with the coke back in the day or was it just the once? As a former cokehead, I can say it definitely has diminishing returns over time. For me it was extremely euphoric for the first year or two, but the next decade not so much. Just out of curiosity, what makes you think it's not shitty blow?

i’ve never tried stimulant drugs so I can’t speak from experience. I don’t think dopamine depletion is the issue, but perhaps it could be changes in dopamine transporter function. I think this is a common problem with dopamine reuptake inhibitors of which cocaine is a member. if I remember correctly, strongly blocking dopamine, transporters causes the brain to make much much more of them and this can last a very long time. there seems to be a problem with methylphenidate, a dopamine reuptake inhibitor used to treat ADHD. A possible reason you were still able to get. hi on Adderall it’s because that is an amphetamine. amphetamines are dopamine release agents which actually use the dopamine transporters to get into the neurons, where they subsequently force dopamine to be released.
It’s unfortunate that cocaine is not working for you any more, but I think that might be a blessing in disguise. rather than trying to get around it, I would advise you to embrace it and avoid going down the road of cocaine or other stimulant addiction.
Hope I didn’t come across as patronising.

Did you go pretty hard with the coke back in the day or was it just the once? As a former cokehead, I can say it definitely has diminishing returns over time. For me it was extremely euphoric for the first year or two, but the next decade not so much. Just out of curiosity, what makes you think it's not shitty blow?
I suspected it was just heavily stepped on for a long time, but when I took the same batches to my friends and they loved it, that kind of sealed the deal.

In regard to it never being like the first few times I know it won’t - but I don’t even get the typical effects like the high energy, jaw clenching, numb face etc. I grew to love those things, even though it wasn’t the same level of euphoria as the first few times.

Oh well. Discontinuing coke isn’t a problem at all I’d rather not do it if anything because of the cardiotoxicity. I just wanted to dabble on special occasions. Whatever, it’s a net positive result.

I suspected it was just heavily stepped on for a long time, but when I took the same batches to my friends and they loved it, that kind of sealed the deal.

In regard to it never being like the first few times I know it won’t - but I don’t even get the typical effects like the high energy, jaw clenching, numb face etc. I grew to love those things, even though it wasn’t the same level of euphoria as the first few times.

Oh well. Discontinuing coke isn’t a problem at all I’d rather not do it if anything because of the cardiotoxicity. I just wanted to dabble on special occasions. Whatever, it’s a net positive result.
Did you get any negative effects? Anything at all?

Look as this as a positive, what if you became a cokehead? Besides the money and potential legal issues; what if your dabbling lead to addiction? The health issues and potential too ruin your life is there. Also it might lead to crack.
Yeah, I know that wouldn't happen to you. Many millions have thought the same thing. That euphoria may only cause a certain percentage of people to become addicts, but who knows if you are you could be one of them. You seeking it out from a bunch of different dealers is, well that is not the best sign. So many people have use powdered coke and thought it was just a fun thing to do at parties or with some friends and became addicts.
Also, just like booze, it can lead also lead to other drug use. Laugh if you want but cigarettes go great with drinking. And benzos and opiods are great for full blown alcoholics during withdraws. Just like heavy coke users will often need a come down. Multiple addictions is a real way to ruin one's life.
And unlike alcohol( I am a former drunk) it is not available everywhere and not socially acceptable in public. Go to a restaurant full of people a and start doing lines of coke in front of all the people enjoying their beer, wine, cocktails, or having a few shots with a beer chaser.
I don't know where you are from, but the legal consequences can be bad, and the potential to ruin or cut short your life is there.
If you are in America or Canada there is also the possibility that it might be cut with fentaly. There are plenty of stories of a person doing a line of coke at a party or with some friends, not regular users but some have been, and dying, from what years ago would only kill you if you had some unknown heart or other condition.
I, as some of you know, can be quite long winded. So I'll end this by saying take this as a positive, or as an omen. Don't play Russian roulette with your life and future. Be thankful that you now will probably never end up ruining life on cocaine as countless millions have over the decades.

If you felt nothing good, then it's terrible coke. It's as simple as that.

When you have the good stuff you absolutely know it (as you found out with your first batch).

Most coke is shit, and when you get the great stuff tolerance builds in just a few weeks of regular use. You're better off saving your money for something else.

Ive been using since 2003. And not lost any euphoria. Just vet your suppier carefully.

bleach test
Ez test
Turn to freebase
Wedinos
Drugdata

Test your gear. Plus buy the best available to begin with.

I think it’s probably just too cut now.

Were you very physically active, especially cardio, before but not now? Exercise boosts stimulant euphoria greatly ime.

i think that's just kinda how it goes - it was the best when i was 17 until i was 19 or 20 and im pretty sure the quality was about the same

and it's never been the same since....

and i also took a long break after that 2 or 3 year run

i used to only do it socially too and then after that, i just wanted to hide under my bed with my plate of coke all by myself

that's why i dont like it much anymore - it just isn't the same and i think it's me