• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine..it doesn't give you more dopamine, it just blocks re uptake?

I don't fully understand how neurotransmission works exactly, but the result of dopamine reuptake inhibitors is basically that dopamine lingers longer in the synapse than usual, so it can still lead to dopamine crash when your brain runs out of dopamine.

No matter the ROA, the only good bump is the first bump. All you really need to know about cocaine.
Well that's just not true. The "best" bump is the first, but they're all good. Unless your supply sucks.

What I’ve learned is that as your tolerance/using career builds with cocaine, the sessions get shorter. I used to be able to snort all night and even 6-8hrs in could snort one and be flying. Nowadays I only get 2-3 bumps before I’m pissing into the wind. And if I used recently maybe 1-2.

But goddamn that bump after not touching it for awhile is one of the best feelings there is.. I also started using cocaine at a young age, by 16 I was snorting at least couple times a week.

-GC

My theory is: if cocaine just blocks dopamine re uptake, would it not be a good idea to do something else that gives you a dopamine rush at the same time??

That way more dopamine would be around (say an orgasms) while the re-up take system is out of order.

My theory is: if cocaine just blocks dopamine re uptake, would it not be a good idea to do something else that gives you a dopamine rush at the same time??

That way more dopamine would be around (say an orgasms) while the re-up take system is out of order.
Generally speaking, a releaser and a reuptake inhibitor at the same time can be unpleasant. There's such a thing as dopamine overload where the side effects just get uncomfortable.

But shit yeah busting a nut on stims is a fine pastime.

Cocaine is a transporter inverse agonist, it causes them to behave inversely to normal so actively release dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin instead of sucking it in.

The reason that reuptake inhibitors and releasers can feel bad together is that they cancel each other out and you're left with secondary/side effects.

If I'm right now, correct me if not as always.

Eye think it's called a speedball

Isn't a speedball heroin + cocaine? This will give you loads of dopamine for sure, yeah. Never came to do an actual speedball yet. Just a herbal one if this counts, Kratom and Coca leaves.
Traditional speedball is heroin and coke iv. Now it's any opi and any stim with any route of administration.....

Isn't a speedball heroin + cocaine? This will give you loads of dopamine for sure, yeah. Never came to do an actual speedball yet. Just a herbal one if this counts, Kratom and Coca leaves.
I got hooked on hero through speedballs. Thought I was invincible, but no.

The Analogy between Cocaine, a dual re-uptake inhibitor. DRI/ NRI and SRI

Vs. the inferior pharmaceutical version MethylPhenidate, which totally lacks Serotenergic action. And imo is plain crap. Coke is already bad enough.

But adding a releaser definitely doesn't work. The releaser/ inhibitors Amphetamine and MDMA (go great together) great example. Inhibitors in combo with releasers/ inhibitors is pure waste.

Last edited:
The Analogy between Cocaine, a dual re-uptake inhibitor. DRI/ NRI and SRI

Vs. the inferior pharmaceutical version MethylPhenidate, which totally lacks Serotenergic action. And imo is plain crap. Coke is already bad enough.
Coke and methylphenidate are inverse agonists at the transporters, causing them to dump their targets instead of sucking them up. That's why cocaine has such pronounced acute effects and a SSRI doesn't. Because with a plain transporter antagonist autoreceptors immediately downregulate release of the target molecule and inverse agonists circumvent this mich like releasers but they result in a different firing pattern.

BTW, methylphenidate isn't that bad for ADHD. It just sucks when overdosed in the search for a high. But amphetamine is better indeed. Less body load and more euphoria.

Can you explain how comes Cocaine nullifies a MDMA high. Which afaik is a triple releaser and inhibitor.

Same for an SSRI, on a SSRI forget MDMA while Coke and MPH will work.

I think it is because cocaine attaches to the transporters directly and inverses them while amphetamines work indirectly (e.g. over trace amino receptors) to release transmitters. When the transporters are blocked, indirect activity gets nullified. Same for plain transporter antagonists like SSRIs, they block the release from MDMA. I also think that a SSRI still blocks the serotonergic activity from cocaine but the stimulant activity remains.