• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine: How long before nose damage?

ipraytomushrooms

Greenlighter
Mods can move this thread if this isn't the best place for it.

I have been using coke off and on for about four or five months now, probably a couple times a week on average and typically in fairly small amounts (.2-.5 in one session typically, either solo or with a friend or two). Recently I have started using daily, usually anywhere from .5-1 gram a day depending on what I'm doing and how much cash I have on hand. I haven't notice any side effects really besides a tiny bit of bloody snot occasionally, and it's never much, always just a very small amount of blood nothing major at all.

We have all heard the horror stories about deviated septum a and gaping nose holes from frequent blow usage, but I have found a lack of consistent information online regarding how long it actually typically takes for one to do such damage to the nose. I have read stories of people who had been using daily for a year that having their septum a collapse, and I have also come across cocaine addicts online who have been daily users for 10+ years who claim to notice little if any nose damage, or at least nothing major.

While I am aware that cocaine effects everyone differently, and that all coke is cut with different stuff, I just find it hard to believe that some people could see such devastating effects at the one year mark while others have been using for a decade a longer with no noticeable harm done to their noses.

So typically, for someone abusing coke of at least halfway decent purity, how long would it take for them to see irreversible damage to the nose?

Thanks.

It's hard to say, like you said depends on the person and the actual product. I had sinus troubles since I was a kid. When I started snorting cocaine on a regular basis (sometimes I could make a gram last a week) I would get congested. Eventually, using more and more I began getting nosebleeds and sinus infections. I was too embarrassed, of course to tell my doctor the truth. But there is no real "timeframe" that I'm aware of.