• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine damages and recovery

Syntak7783

Greenlighter
I have been a long time user of cocaine..i feel like theres a huge hole in my nose and my throat has been wrecked...everytime i blow my nose i feel like a piece of skin always come out with it..i was wondering if theres any users out there with these type of problems. If i stop use for awhile will my nose and throat ever heal...will the inside tissue of my nose and throat ever get back to normal.....

Any damage that you might of done to your nose is permanent I'm afraid. You need to go and see your doctor so he can take a good look up there. You'll need a steroid nasal spray to shrink any Polyps that might of grown up there to improve airflow.

Last edited:
Hey @Syntak7783

Cocaine has a tendency to constrict blood vessels locally (in areas it comes into contact with). It's crazy, but Cocaine's first and foremost benefit to humankind was undoubedly in the field of anesthesia as it was one of the first truly effective mediums for "numbing". With experiments upon the skin and eye came more brazen stuff like injecting it into the spine to produce a full nerve block. Its properties as a stimulant were also very important historically, obviously.

When Cocaine constricts the blood vessels, tissue becomes starved of oxygen and dies. This is a very common side-effect associated with Cocaine usage and you are experiencing said symptoms in your sinuses, as these were the medium for the absorption of your Cocaine. They can't be rebuilt easily man, but it can be done through surgery and diligence. Otherwise, you will just need to adjust to the fact that your anatomy has changed. If, it ends up causing drainange issues, infections or anything like that, you can probably get the reconstructive surgery covered by insurance.

So yes, definitely common. Not the end of the world, but it is a scarlet letter of sorts in regard to Cocaine... even though a scarlet letter would technically need to be on dislplay to everyone right? You get my point. I would recommend rinsing the area with saline at least once a day pretty much indefinitely just to flush out dead tissue and other nasty shit that could otherwise hinder your healing process. We'll help you with any questions.

thanks everyone for your kind advice....i see the damage ...i feel the damage...but i still can't stop using it...because it seems to heal and go away...but i can't see the inside of my nose or throat...i feel theres denitely something going on inside there....i don't have any insurance to go get a check up....thats the scary part...

Sadly, long term cocaine usage does cause deviated septum and other damage to the nose and sinuses, so it is most likely that is what is happening. This can be a serious medical condition. Sucks about the insurance, sadly we live in a country where people are afraid to get health care because of the cost. But you really should consider it, it's your health, your life can become a whole lot less easy if you don't take care of yourself. It goes without saying you should consider quitting too, and consider it good. Of course, you already have. But it really is worth it.

I honestly could care less about the high nowadayz....i feel something is defintely going on inside my brain with my mental health...all i want to do is hurt myself and make things hard for myself...i hardly even feel the high anymore....it seems all i want to do is get my heart racing til it hurts and just lay on my bed waiting for the high to go away ...i do this almost every other day...i love the pain and causing my nose to bleed but i don't know why....im still trying to figure that out...when everything is heal ...i want to hit it again to feel the pain it cause....then when im on the drug i just want it go away...

I honestly could care less about the high nowadayz....i feel something is defintely going on inside my brain with my mental health...all i want to do is hurt myself and make things hard for myself...i hardly even feel the high anymore....it seems all i want to do is get my heart racing til it hurts and just lay on my bed waiting for the high to go away ...i do this almost every other day...i love the pain and causing my nose to bleed but i don't know why....im still trying to figure that out...when everything is heal ...i want to hit it again to feel the pain it cause....then when im on the drug i just want it go away...
There are a lot of organisations out there that can help with mental health issues, don't ever be afraid to ask for help. I'm assuming you're from the US, so I have found some contact information that you can contact to find out about treatments in your local area. I've also included a link to get help with substance abuse issues. I know life can feel tough and unfair at times but even the darkest nights will end and the sun will rise. Be safe buddy.

Contact Information

SAMHSA Treatment Referral Helpline, 1-877-SAMHSA7 (1-877-726-4727)

Get general information on mental health and locate treatment services in your area. Speak to a live person, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.

Thanks guys.....

I don't want to get flamed for this. I know there are a lot of different opinions out there. I had all of these feelings too @Syntak7783. That's what addiction feels like in a nutshell. You're powerless. I went through rehabs, detoxes, a weird church thing for a few months, therapists, a guy who was basically a "mystic" and everything in between. Nothing every really put me any closer to normalcy than 12-step programs did. There are a lot of folks out there who really do not like AA, just like there are different opinions for every person, but I believe it's just a program preaching honesty, kindness and self-reflection and these are all qualities I really had none of.

A lot of people know me as a guy who answers questions here on a volunteer basis and I know there are many people who think I must have always been a really helpful, caring person. I always wanted to be. I wanted to think of myself in that way, but the truth is that I didn't care for anyone in my life who cared about me. I thought I did, but I really didn't. My life got a lot better when I started trying to be honest and treat people with kindness.

The steps are something worth trying if you're feeling hopeless. You can always come talk to me or anyone else. We're happy to help you.