• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine and vision

Crucifix

Greenlighter
I've been abusing alot of cocaine for about a year recently took a 4 month brake due to chest pains and did some today and my peripheral vision is messed up. Im seeing colors and lights in the corner of my eye mainly the right. It's like when you look into a bright light and look away or when you rub your eyes really hard but in the corner of my eye. Does this seem serious to anybody, obviously gonna stop doing cocaine. I'm also experiencing some vasoconstriction in my hands and random parts of my body that come and go. Not really sure if this is signs of anything I need medical attention for? I appreciate the help and ya I'm not going to do coke anymore.

Howdy. Yeah, I like to ignore most of my weird possible drug-related body issues, but being able to see is something I like to be able to do. So, why risk it? Seek the professionals.

Then again, what you're describing sounds just like a migraine. Even the weird body sensations can happen with migraines. The nice thing about that, for me, is when I get the light show going in the corner of my eye, I know I have thirty minutes to eat all the ibuprofen I can find, before the pain and nausea hit.

Now if it was a migraine, there's no telling if it was caused by the coke or not. Different people seem to have different triggers.

But if you were having chest pains from coke only four months ago, you should probably keep away from it just for that.

Anyway, hope things resolved.

I've been abusing alot of cocaine for about a year recently took a 4 month brake due to chest pains and did some today and my peripheral vision is messed up. Im seeing colors and lights in the corner of my eye mainly the right. It's like when you look into a bright light and look away or when you rub your eyes really hard but in the corner of my eye. Does this seem serious to anybody, obviously gonna stop doing cocaine. I'm also experiencing some vasoconstriction in my hands and random parts of my body that come and go. Not really sure if this is signs of anything I need medical attention for? I appreciate the help and ya I'm not going to do coke anymore.

Maybe have a read of this mate...

http://iovs.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2370484

Maybe I missed it, but that study just seems to say coke users have normal vision. I think they just wanted a baseline before some proposed future treatment.

I know when I was shooting coke, I'd have a sort of tunnel vision going on, not fully just a fuzzy blur in my peripheral sight.

If I'm reading this correctly it sounds as if the continued/regular use may have caused abnormally high blood pressure - what you're referring to in your hands, etc., along with a migraine. Certainly something I've seen before, but as soon as you start getting circulatory or blood issues it is definitely time to stop. Particularly if chest pains preceded it.

Might want to get a blood test at the Dr. to check for blood oxygen levels as well, next time you're there. Blow stresses out a lot of the body, but particularly the circulatory functions. If you're still having problems I'd get a more in-depth check just from personal experience.

~Avalanche

Howdy. Yeah, I like to ignore most of my weird possible drug-related body issues, but being able to see is something I like to be able to do. So, why risk it? Seek the professionals.

Then again, what you're describing sounds just like a migraine. Even the weird body sensations can happen with migraines. The nice thing about that, for me, is when I get the light show going in the corner of my eye, I know I have thirty minutes to eat all the ibuprofen I can find, before the pain and nausea hit.

Now if it was a migraine, there's no telling if it was caused by the coke or not. Different people seem to have different triggers.

But if you were having chest pains from coke only four months ago, you should probably keep away from it just for that.

Anyway, hope things resolved.

Thanks for the reply. Ya it seemed sorta like a migraine I used to get alot but it was around my whole vision and didn't develope into a migraine. It was like tunnel vision and eventually went away.