• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

cocaine and nosebleeds

Poppa'_$murfxXx

Bluelighter
i do high quality cocaine daily, and when i wakeup in the morning i will usualy have a clogged nasal cavity, when i clear my nose i see that along with mucos coming out there is also blood. My nose does not bleed while i do the cocaine, i only notice the blood once i wakeup in the morning when i blow my nose. (and there isnt much of it i usually blow my nose clear all the blood out and then there is nothing left, it does not continue to bleed after i clear it in the morning.)

WHY?

Last edited by a moderator:
cocaine is harmful to the mucous membrane in your nasal passage. dries it out. results in cracking. i think.

^ Yup. It's a vasoconstrictor so bleeding is less likely while you are actually doing the coke, it's when that wears off that you are more likely to have a nosebleed.. but the vasoconstriction dries the mucous membrane, and dry mucous membranes is one of the main causes of nosebleeds. Or, something it's cut with could be irritating it, but I don't know much about that I'm afraid.

Cocaine is really bad for noses because of the vasoconstrictive action - you can get necrosis of the septum because of the decreased blood flow..

I never had nose bleeds before I did coke, on long runs of 2-3 days of constant usage I would have bleeds but more often than not they woudl just randomly happen days after my last usage and even months afer I stopped using coke ( I used fairly regularly for a couple of years ) .

I have also found that now if i drink large quantities of booze (although I've been dry no for nearly 3 months) I get nose bleeds, I guess one of our more medically aware people might have an explanation for that. I've had my mose and blod pressure checked and am told all is fine.

I also abused methedrone when it was legal to a stupid level that I'm not even pre[ared to admit to, btu6 it never caused nose bleeds or even much of a blocked nose....thsu enabling further abuse:\

Yep, and also vasodilates so increases blood flow to your nose.

(Hydro, we make the best team)

^yup, we switch hit this this one.

ha, i just finished watching Dazed and Confused. got the dialogue in my head.

^alcohol inhibits blood clotting. might explain the bleeding, if it's during.

Was always the morning after but I was daily drinking to quite a high amount,only ever bleed though the left side as well, never really bad just short bleeds not gushing. Havent had any since I stopped drinking but the coke came before the alcohol abuse, or rather the coke lead to the alcohol abuse. Dropped the coke and carried on with the booze

Oh my god DONT use coke daily it will ruin your wallet
Lol, think about it, your snorting something that is harmful to your nose daily, and its cut with god knows what. Of course the nose bleeds are the least of your problems, because like i said, you will be a poor man if you get addicted

Is there any way to prevent or minimize nasal damage? Like any moisturizing vapor sprays, medicines, etc?

I've done everything else, but never "got" coke before. Tried it several times over 15 years, and always just a 30 minute jittery overcaffeinated feeling followed by two hours of wanting to cry. So I finally forced myself to binge for 6 hours straight and it kinda makes sense now. It was followed by 3 days of sleeplessness and nightmares, tho, and both nostrils bled for about two weeks. That was like 3 months ago and I still dream about the stuff.

Still seems like the stupidest drug ever, but wouldn't mind being able to do it once every couple of months. No way with all the bleeding tho.

A bit offtopic, but I saw talk of alcohol + cocaine combos. Really advise against mixing cocaine with ethanol. Together they form cocaethylene in the body, which is a lot more cardiotoxic than cocaine alone, can do a number on your heart if you do it too much.

A bit offtopic, but I saw talk of alcohol + cocaine combos. Really advise against mixing cocaine with ethanol. Together they form cocaethylene in the body, which is a lot more cardiotoxic than cocaine alone, can do a number on your heart if you do it too much.

I read this all the time and it does kinda worry me because I only actually do coke when I'm drinking too!

Really tryna knock the coke on the head though it's costing me waaaaaaay too much money, more than I can actually afford most of the time!

Is there any way to prevent or minimize nasal damage? Like any moisturizing vapor sprays, medicines, etc?

I've done everything else, but never "got" coke before. Tried it several times over 15 years, and always just a 30 minute jittery overcaffeinated feeling followed by two hours of wanting to cry. So I finally forced myself to binge for 6 hours straight and it kinda makes sense now. It was followed by 3 days of sleeplessness and nightmares, tho, and both nostrils bled for about two weeks. That was like 3 months ago and I still dream about the stuff.

Still seems like the stupidest drug ever, but wouldn't mind being able to do it once every couple of months. No way with all the bleeding tho.

that doesnt sound like coke. U definitly had somehting else. unles u were slamming or smoking it

that doesnt sound like coke. U definitly had somehting else. unles u were slamming or smoking it

I tend to have good resources and hookups, and I've always done stuff my friends vouched for as high quality, and they got pretty high off it. But the way they describe it making them feel is just how I feel normally when I'm not high. I always felt the crash but not the high.

To feel it this last time, I had to do a LOT, and continuously. I went through an eight ball, which I assume is a lot for someone like me since I never do the stuff. Basically, my goal was to see how long I could hold off the crash. I think it was coke instead of meth or something else, because I had to re-up every 20-40 minutes. And the lip numbing is pretty recognizable. I got sloppy with breaking it to powder since I was getting a bit wasted after a few hours, so the particles were sometimes too granular, and I was snorting fat lines so some dripped down the back of my throat and numbed it too.

Definitely felt the rush, and it had its good points. But it wasn't the rush of self-confidence like my friends report, since I feel that way normally. It was more a rush of "Oh, God, I'm back to feeling alive again, I'm not dead yet, let's keep riding this!" I'm kind of worried that the only way I can really enjoy the stuff is if I let it fuck up my reality enough that it's high is as attractive as reality is now. I can remember everything that happened, vividly, and the memories seemed more vivid in hindsight than reality.

I thought maybe it was the large amount that damaged the nose. Or maybe it got caked in nasal mucus? I was blowing my nose after each line and used saline spray a couple times between, though, so I dont think it was just sitting there corroding things. Anyway, if I can't figure out how to manage the physical side effects, no way I can make this a part of my life.

5 days after a session on Coke that was definitely cut but I think was still reasonably high quality, my nose randomly starts bleeding once or twice a day. I've read about nosebleeds the day after use, but 5 days after use isn't normal surely? I don't use Coke very often.. Maybe a gram every couple months. Any advice or ideas?