• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine and ketamine before surgery

Y

Yerda

I'm having surgery to get my tonsils out within the next month. I'm just wondering will cocaine and ket use affect the surgery. I've heard story's of anaesthesia awareness etc. I only take it on the weekends when I can afford it and don't sniff ridiculous amounts. I have no current medical problems and I am relatively healthy.

It's important that you try to limit your intake of recreational substances of any kind before undergoing general anesthesia. I really can't emphasize this enough. General anesthesia is a balancing act. The anesthesiologist's job consists of keeping you sedated and numbed to the point where you feel no pain without killing you in the process. Throwing stimulants and depressants into this mix can at best complicate things for your doc and at worst, lead to you either dead or worse (in my opinion) awake and fully aware of the fact that you are being carved up like a piece of meat.

Do yourself a favor and allow at least 24 hours free of recreational substances before your surgery. You are playing with fire though, by not keeping your anesthetist in the loop regarding what you're taking.

please don't take any drugs at least a day before your surgery - especially cocaine, which is one of the earliest implemented anesthetics in modern medicine
plus you'll get tons of painkillers in recovery? take it easy

Cocaine is a BIG no no before surgery! I had gotten hit by a car a few years ago and had to have metal rods in my leg, and a few months after that the surgeon wanted to take a screw out of my ankle, but they refused to do surgery on me because i had cocaine in my system, the surgeon told me cocaine is pretty much one of the only drugs that will cause a fatal interaction when mixed with the anesthesia. He said i needed atleast 2 weeks of no cocaine before they would do surgery....heads up!

Cocaine is a BIG no no before surgery! I had gotten hit by a car a few years ago and had to have metal rods in my leg, and a few months after that the surgeon wanted to take a screw out of my ankle, but they refused to do surgery on me because i had cocaine in my system, the surgeon told me cocaine is pretty much one of the only drugs that will cause a fatal interaction when mixed with the anesthesia. He said i needed atleast 2 weeks of no cocaine before they would do surgery....heads up!
Wow, thanks for the heads up! Did the surgeon give you a lecture or what?

Yeah, he asked why I am not in rehab. They were pretty damn serious about the cocaine, he told me literally that they can operate surgery with drugs in someones system, all except cocaine, he mentioned a chance of cardiac arrest with having used cocaine and anesthesia...yeah pretty serious stuff.

Who knows if you're even on this site anymore, opiatekrzy, but you may have just saved my life. Thank you, wherever you are. I'm having a procedure in EXACTLY two weeks. (I guess the lil' green light means you're still here so thank you thank you. I'm deeply grateful. I have my shitty, heartbreaking days and I cry so much, I wonder if it's possible to die of sorrow dehydration, but I'm genuinely not suicidal so again, thank you. Today begins my two weeks. And if I had a way to send you a thank you card...)

Of course I'm still here LOL. Who else would back my account that I had since 2004, however I spent 5yrs total in prison so I been absent a few times..I'm glad I made a difference if I did

I'd still rather be getting high but if it means an anesthesiologist might kill me, I don't feel like ruining that many lives just so a doctor can go all IMAX up my anus. I can stop for a few weeks. I'm not "I'll suck your dick for a bump" addicted. I just like it...nevertheless, if I hadn't known this fact, I probably would have run a rail right before hitting the OR, lol...

Plus if you take it right before rhey can tell I had a blood pressure cuff on and my heart was racing . And if its too high they wont do it

This.

I had an ex who had accidentally cut himself with a knife , severing tendons in the 4th and 5th fingers. He needed surgery to reattach. He also had a bad IV cocaine habit, where he couldn't just "stop" instantly. They saw the coke in the pre-op bloodwork and told him same thing--he had to be off the coke to do the surgery due to the anesthesia. They told him he had to be off at least 72 hours, long enough to have it out of bloodstream

For the record he was also positive for heroin, and they said that didn't matter. It was the cocaine that was the issue due to possible interaction

I LIVED!!! As a random fact, I happen to have bizarrely low blood pressure. Right before I went under, it was 89/56. I am usually 90/60 so I had to tell them that was fairly normal and to check my chart because I was not on any drugs. When the nurse saw it was true, she asked me my secret and I said, cocaine and swallowing. Just kidding. I didn't say that (but that IS probably it); I told her, "never forget what makes you laugh. A cold bird in winter is happy when a cow poops on it." She looked at me like I was speaking Farsi but burst out laughing.

Serious question swallowing semen ??? Interesting i have naturally los blood pressure 100/60 but i cant say its from that

Soo according to that link the key to getting women to swalllow is getting them sexually aroused first because horny women are more likely to touch a fake bloody bone or put their hand in fake used condoms???? Just making sure im not intoxicated

Holy shit...I just skipped all the blah blah at the beginning and went right to the ten facts and um, oops, maybe I should have actually read the damn article first...uh, yeah...so, no, you're not intoxicated but apparently, I sorta was...mah bad.

But semen does lower blood pressure. :sus: