• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine and breathing - (can you hold your breath?)

ccuser89

Greenlighter
Hi,

When I do cocaine I tend to get very nervous and anxious. On a "Normal" day I suffer general anxiety disorder and depression. One of the only things that help me when I have a lot anxiety is hold my breath for like 30 seconds, wait 7 seconds, breath slowly, and repeat 7 times. It is well known exercice for Yoga users. I want to ask if you can do that on cocaine or is it dangerous, does my heart will stop beating lacking oxygen?

That's a long time to go without oxygen while on a stimulant, especially, repetitiously. Have you ever heard of this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsalva_maneuver

They use it in cardiac stress tests. It slows heart rated, and it helps with chest pain. And you don't need to do it long. It's a type of vagus stimulation.

https://www.verywell.com/valsalva-maneuver-1746152

If your symptoms are cardiac related, this can help, and therfore, help reduce anxiety that way. But if you decide to try, read up on the correct way and stay safe! :)

I can personally hold my breath for a much shorter duration on stimulants, most likely a result of elevated heart rate. When heart rate is elevated you require more air to breath. Stimulant uses effects on breathing and heart rate can be related to the increased need for air while running. Both result in elevated heart both result in a higher need for breathing.

Lately I have been having a much harder time holding my breath whenever smoke some cracker jack. I used to be able to inhale a whole 20 piece in one hit, and then hold it in for over 45 seconds, leaving me with one of the most insane rushes one can possibly achieve and loved it. Lately though probably due to a combo of aging more and more and smoking so many different things over my time as a drug user like crack, weed/THC, heroin, oxy, and also have been a daily cigarette smoker for years, I have really had a tough time getting those big hits and holding them in for at least 30 secs like you should after a hit, it works much better longer you hold it in and the more you do at once. It has made me kind of dislike it now, and I really am just a very occasional user atm, but last time I smoked it, it sucked! it was really good quality, but I just kept fucking up my hits and not being able to hold them in like I wanted. I ended up wasting it all, because the first hit is by far the best with crack and after that I was just trying to redo my first hit, but it sucked. I am over that shit now and much prefer to do amphetamines nowadays because they last so much longer and I get no negative side effects from them at all, they just don't have the same rush as coke, its a lot more mellow of a rush than coke/crack, I mean much more mellow!!! its all good though I can live without that shit, and my life is much more productive without it.

I can personally hold my breath for a much shorter duration on stimulants, most likely a result of elevated heart rate. When heart rate is elevated you require more air to breath. Stimulant uses effects on breathing and heart rate can be related to the increased need for air while running. Both result in elevated heart both result in a higher need for breathing.

Sorry if I was not clear but my question really is if you snort lines and feel the need to hold your breath until your body force you to breathe, can you do it without any danger ? You partially answere me but i really need to know