• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaethylene

ghostlymostly

Greenlighter
In anyone's best educated guess... Given the extremely short half-life of cocaine itself, approximately how long after doing about .3g of cocaine would one be safe to drink so that cocaethylene is NOT produced. My metabolic rate is extremely high, only 175lbs at 6'1 and eat well over 2500 calories a day just to give you an idea. Thanks for any input!

Good question... I am just trying to ensure that when I drink, my body won't metabolize it in to cocaethylene. I'm wondering when the cocaine will have fully metabolized in to benzoylecgonine, so that when consuming alcohol the cocaethylene will NOT be produced

Given the short half life, say one hour (can't look it up right now, but it's close), you'd have to wait five hours at least to be sure most of the coke has been metabolized. I mean, think about it, the coke needs to be gone, right? Alcohol absorption is pretty fast, especially after coke-fasting.

But most accounts say Et-coke is a better high. I have to point out that coke metabolites are much longer lived; some are still stimulating. It takes much longer than five hours for coke to be "out of your system".

So 18 hours I should be solid? I'm wondering for a specfic reason thats not allowed to be discussed on here. Basically I don't want cocaethylene because of the much longer half life it has.

I have always had a drink when I do coke. Doing it now. Didn't realize it was such a bad thing. Should I stop then or is it a moderation type deal?

The combination of cocaine and alcohol appears to exert more cardiovascular toxicity than either drug alone in humans. Alcohol appears to potentiate cocaine hepatotoxicity in both humans and mice.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1432406

Speculation on amounts is somewhat fruitless with intervariability but I'd think hard on it if I were slamming several points vs a couple car key bumps.

So 18 hours I should be solid? I'm wondering for a specfic reason thats not allowed to be discussed on here. Basically I don't want cocaethylene because of the much longer half life it has.

Yeah, I figured, don't "blow it" and get your thread shut mentioning that which is not allowed. There's this study (you only need the abstract there) that'll give you a good idea about the lifetime of cocaine metabolites (excluding cocaethylene), helpfully including the variation between acute and chronic use.

The rule of thumb is, multiply half-life by five to get in the 95%-cleared neighborhood. That means the variation gets multiplied by five too, though, so for some products you're talking over 250 hours. For cocaine itself, the upper end is around twenty hours. Cocaethylene has a half-life closer to 2.5 hours (to cocaine's 1.5), and it may or may not be more toxic than cocaine, which is itself pretty toxic to your heart. I have to wonder if any increased mortality from cocaethylene is purely from the drug, or the need to have a fair amount of alcohol also on board.