• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CNS depression, caffeine

gohemo123

Greenlighter
From my research, it seems that opioids combined with other CNS depressants such as alcohol are very deadly because they can cause you to stop breathing and/or pass out, and no amounts of them combined are safe. My questions are:

Can this kind of overdose can be prevented by consuming any amounts of caffeine, to keep you awake so you can control your breathing?

When your CNS is so depressed that your breathing gets dangerously slowed, are you at that point still conscious enough to make yourself to breathe faster?
Would you be conscious enough with an appropriate dose of caffeine?

Does caffeine increase the opiate/alcohol amount that won't kill you?, for example if we could agree that 1 mg codeine combined with 1 mL of alcohol is the most that won't kill you, would you be able to combine 1.1 mg codeine and 1.1 mL alcohol after having some caffeine?

Please answer any of the questions if u can or if u have anything related to say, thank you.

This is a dangerous line of thought man - many junkies have died when mixing stimulants and opiates over the years. The old speedball has taken thousands of people, when the coke wears off, the downers take over and it's ballgame.

Don't depend on oral caffeine to help in case of an opiod overdose; caffeine is a mild stimulant, most abused opiods are powerful sedatives.

I've heard of people being temporarily revived from coffee enemas, but quite bluntly, I don't know how true it is and I surely wouldn't bet my life on it now.

If you plan on abusing hard opiates, it's a good idea to have some narcan on hand, period. It's really the only thing that's guaranteed to save you in case of OD.

This is a dangerous line of thought man - many junkies have died when mixing stimulants and opiates over the years. The old speedball has taken thousands of people, when the coke wears off, the downers take over and it's ballgame.

Don't depend on oral caffeine to help in case of an opiod overdose; caffeine is a mild stimulant, most abused opiods are powerful sedatives.

I've heard of people being temporarily revived from coffee enemas, but quite bluntly, I don't know how true it is and I surely wouldn't bet my life on it now.

If you plan on abusing hard opiates, it's a good idea to have some narcan on hand, period. It's really the only thing that's guaranteed to save you in case of OD.

My friend weighs 193 pounds and doesn't have a tolerance. He wants to try 240 mg of cold-water-extracted codeine along with 450 mg of caffeine and 50 mL of alcohol. He has tried codeine only one other time which was a month ago at 240 mg codeine, 120 mg caffeine, no alcohol, and he got a moderate-to-strong high from it.

There is no need to take the caffeine with the codeine at all.

Maybe an anti histamine if he's planning on going over 300mg.