View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Clubbing, LSD and dosages

TachyonT

Greenlighter
Hello all! Second post on this website now (although the other one was 5 minutes ago so, again, apologies if I break any rules, posting a repeat of an existing threat or just ask anything stupid).

I'm not an avid LSD user. I've taken it 3 times now and all fantastic experiences that, as those who use LSD, know cannot be explained with ease.
The first time I took LSD I took 2 tabs of, what we believed, to be 100ug each.
Second time, I know for a fact, I did a total of 250ug
Third time I took an amount somewhere between 300-350ug after dropping .5 of MDMA about 3 hours before.
Each time, I noticed the come up was euphoric, I wanted to dance and it made me super happy.
Fast forward thirty minutes and I'm fully into the trip and I'm gone from the universe.

I'm hoping to try this in a club, I've researched this to my best ability to only found conflicting arguments on pros and cons.
I handle acid well and enjoy clubbing tremendously so it's not an issue of 'can I' it's a question of 'how'.
I know when the peak of LSD arrives on said doses (200+ug) I wouldn't be able to club, so I'm looking for any advice on what dosages I should try to experience the euphoria (maybe some 'mild' visuals) while still being able to function as a human being.

Appreciate any advice you can give me!
Regards
-TachyonT

P.S. Apologies if this is a double post, I 'submitted' this once but it never appeared on my activity so here I am again.

I'd never take LSD at a club, but if I did I wouldn't want it to be any more than 75-100 mcg.

I strongly suggest that you try low-dose LSD in a more traditional setting before you try it in a club, so you'll know what to expect.

You may decide that looking into alternative drugs is a better option.

My first time trying LSD was in a club, at the time I had no clue how much it was. I've done it plenty of times since, and looking back it was a pretty low dose, I'm guessing around 100. I'd recommend around 150, since you're used to higher doses :)

Hope you're going to a rather acid friendly club date, if so, yeah 1-150mics, have a plan for 2am or whenever shit shuts down and you're still going strong, taxi money or a sober ride, maybe your town is awesome and has 24/7 public transportation...

I have taken acid a lot at the club and even candyflipped, ect (at raves all that type of shit obviously not a hip hop club/warehouse)../, but all I can say is it's fucking intense. Also the people just get really fucking weird, or maybe they're really just that weird in general. Also if you have any anxiety be prepared to have to talk it down because being around a lot of people like that while tripping makes my anxiety get worse. However, most of the time I have fun, but make sure you have friends with you. Honestly, you probably would be better off trying it at a festival before a club...or at home in a larger dose. It also definitely will depend on what type of people are there, but if there will be a lot of people there trust me you won't be able to avoid some situations regardless....especially when close to everyone is on drugs.

Dosage for clubbing would be 50-100 ug, imo - So just do it =D

I'm sure you'll be fine, and if not, just go home or outside or something. You can add a few beers or drinks for some extra euphoria and to take the edge, but don't overdo it with the alcohol.

I hate tripping at clubs festivals are fun but clubs are 2 small. That and I always get mimdfucked into thinking someone who is dancing us really trying to grab my wallet. You start tripping and don't think of that shit your left high and dry. And since I gotta have a I'd and $$ I gotta have my wallet. Dunno lsd is way more fun outdoors IMO. It just dropped a fuckload of snow out my way gonna drop some L and make snow angels all peace.

If you have several tabs from the same source, what I recommend is getting to know how strong your blotters are first.
There's only so much LSD I can take and still be able to handle people, and that means a rather low dose. Microdosing at parties is good too - great for dancing in fact.

If you still want to trip hard I'd say take acid earlier in the evening, then go out after the initial peak if possible (depends what kind of setting you live in - I'm lucky to be able to walk to most places where parties happen)

But if we're talking legit clubs (the ones that enforce coat check, sell $5 water bottles, treat people like cattle, where women get harassed), then I would advise against it. So much of that universe is the exact opposite of the psychedelic experience, that you'll just hate everyone and have a lousy time (and I've been there!). Not quite the same as an underground party where the creep factor is usually much lower.

I take acid at clubs regularly, my go-to dose is between 300 and 400ug (as an experienced acid victim). I frequent techno and psytrance parties.

Taking acid at a club is not a problem, if you can handle your acid well, club or no club. It's an incredibly freakish experience that will have you question what are you doing there in the first place, why are there so many horned creatures from the depths of hell around you (alcohol), and you'll probably tell yourself that this is the last time you're doing this, only to do it again two weeks later, because you love music and you love LSD.

Sometimes, I dose MDMA with the acid (it's not that common, as I try to do MDMA as rarely as possible due to its neurotoxicity). I usually take 0.2g of MDMA a little while after the acid, so that I'm coming up on both at roughly the same time, and will smoke a joint after both drugs hit. This feels like cheating, compared to taking acid alone, because the MDMA overpowers the acid-induced physical unpleasantness as well as all the introspective trains of thought. What's left is euphoria, synaesthesia, extreme time dilation to the point where you feel like you have stepped outside of the linear progression of time, pure pleasure and naked experience. Words cannot describe a generously dosed candyflip - in my experience, this is as far as drugs can take you, and if anybody disagrees, I want to know what they're doing.

Back to LSD though - it's always a good idea to partake in your favorite activity while tripping on LSD. It will offer you a unique perspective that would be hard to obtain otherwise. Odds are it won't be a pleasant experience, and you will not "like" it at all, but this is part and parcel of the process of learning and discovery that we go through in our lives, so I don't consider it a bad thing at all.

What's the worst that can happen?

Thanks for all the advice guys, quite a mix of information there but I do understand the acid has a different effect on everyone.
I'm definitely only going to microdose, I've taken large doses before and I know that's not an experience I'd handle in a club.
Based on all the info you've given me I'll probably take somewhere between 50-100ug? I'm not looking to trip hard but to enjoy the euphoria and come-up. I know the acid I'm taking so I'll pop a tab about 30mins before I head out either this Friday or next, depends when I can get the gang down.
To clarify it is a 'club' in the traditional sense, but it is a big place and I've taken a plethora of other drugs so it's always been a friendly atmosphere.
Best case scenario - I roll with the euphoria without tripping to hard, kill it on the dancefloor and go home a happy bunny
Worst case scenario - Bad trip. I find that when a trip starts to go south though a change of scenery or atmosphere is a solid fix.
Keep your eyes on the thread guys, I'll give you my verdict in a couple of weeks!
- TachyonT

50-100µg isn't really a microdose, that's more like just a light to normal dose. Usually when people talk about microdosing, they're talking around 10µg kind of thing - barely or non-perceptible. Semantics, but we're on the WWW here, gotta be clear :)