• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health clozapine experiences

Bump

I am considering using this agent during haloperidol withdrawal

Oh, be fucking careful. It was the first atypical antipsychotic (mainly acts at the 5HT2a receptor, as an antagonist, even though it's a phenothiazine). My wife used to get them, but she had to attend the clinic in Newcstle every fortnight and 2 weeks worth was the most they'd let her have. It is seen as the antipsychotic of last choice, as it has cardiac side effects and fucks with the blood levels of leukocytes. Her ex was a twat (one of her friends called him Gollum - and that was complimentary). He was a fucking serious money scrounging narcissist, who simply wouldn't go with her, to the clinic. In the first 3 months of seeing her, I'd gone to every checkup and bombarded the psychiatrist with questions about white cell counts and her dangers of developing type2 diabetes from antipsychotics. Within 3 months, they were giving her 4 weeks worth in one go (I reckon it was actually just to stop me going in and asking awkward questions. Not what they expected from her scruffy, long haired partner). When she moved from Newcastle primary health care Trust (when she moved in before lockdown), Durham & Darlington psychiatric services would let her have 3 months worth at a time (absol max time, seeing the need for blood tests), but I had previous encounters with them due to my own problems, as long as I took them and confirmed I kept them in the house safe. The fact Deborah knew the digital code to get into safe somewhat escaped them, but unlike her fucking human leech of an ex., I ensured that she was never unduly stressed and never gaslight her (when I first found out that he repeatedly gaslighted her, in an effort to get money from her, it took her an hour to convince me not to go to where he lived in Yorkshire and kicking the crap out of him. I may only have 1 hand, but after my ex showed me how to get max effect by heel punching, I reckoned I could smash his collarbone. My wife asked me please not to, as he would run to police to report the assault. She looked a bit concerned when I explained what IM noradrenaline would do, so I dropped the subject, as I just wanted what was best for her. In 5 years, he had scrounger at least £7k5 from her and you can't claim personal loans after the person loaning the money dies. If it hadn't been for the fact I promised her, I'd have gone down purely on principal. That principal being that he could keep the money, but at least one limb had to get beaten to buggery. Any promise to her trumped any desire to make him suffer, as she was the love of my life, and getting a promise out of me is like getting blood out of a stone, as once you promise, you have to complete it, regardless of cost.