L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Closed-Minded Girlfriend

curiousxnewbie

Greenlighter
I am starting to realize that my girlfriend is very closed minded. This is frustrating for me because I make it a point of being open to all that comes for me. I don't know what to do about the situation because I love her so much but I don't know what to do about someone who "knows" ahead of time about something they've never done or finds it entertaining to sit and talk about disliking how lower class people talk. I am homeless... how is that supposed to make me feel? It's frustrating because even saying anything to her about it makes her get defensive and argumentative. She has no problem expressing her dislikes and feelings and frustrations with me, but when it comes to considering another viewpoint or even thinking about trying something new she shuts down entirely. I don't know how I can go on like this. I don't want to trap myself in a relationship that stagnates my mind but I don't want to be with anyone but her.

That's a tough situation. Sounds like she could do with a mind opening experience to get her to consider perspectives outside her normal frame of reference. Unfortunately that is something she has to decide on.. please don't go trying to force her to change. Sometimes people are ready, sometimes not, some have the potential to open up, other don't. You could work with her but that process could be very draining on you emotionally, and there's no guarantees she'll feel the same about you if she does open herself up more.

I would consider thinking on the thought of why you can't possibly be with someone else. Not saying you should leave her, but lifting someone else up in the hopes they'll reciprocate could lead to feelings of resentment and anger on your part if they don't.

Lots of factors too. If she's young it may be easier than if she's older and more solidified in her thinking. Though given she talks down about lower class people I'll assume she's young.. if she isn't, I suggest you leave!

Lol. ^

Find another girl? Love is loving someone for who they are. You obviously don't and it's not your job to change anyone.