• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Clonidine

mrpopper

Bluelighter
Hi all

Does anyone have any experience of using Clonidine for opiate withdrawal? Can you tell me your experience?

And does anybody know of it's legal status in Europe? Is it prescription only?

Thanks.

Don’t have experience using it that way myself but I’ve always heard good things about it’s uses for withdrawal especially in conjunction with a taper plan and other short term withdrawal aids

Interestingly I was once given it intravenously as an adjunct to morphine in order to get better pain relief. Would’ve preferred more opioids 😍 but seemed to help

clonidine was a game changer for me when I had to withstand droughts or just being too broke to get my fix. Its used for high blood pressure, but one of its off-label
uses, is that it REALLY helps with the fucking heebie-jeebies you get when kicking. It will not help with sleep, but it definitely calms you and also takes the hot/cold flashes away.
That has been my experience. Yes, you need a script to procure it. If you are able to get any...DO NOT TAKE MORE than what the script advises. More is not more in this case.
It works against you if you try to eat them like M&Ms' (like I did my first go round). You really only get relief the longer you space out taking the pills. Clonidine and Neurontin
got me through some rough kicks.

i took it when i quit suboxone. i'm not sure if it helped or not though. i know it did make me feel like i had a lot less energy. and i was already lacking energy. i didn't notice it help me but i hear it helps some.