• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Clonidine withdrawal?...

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Hey guys this may sound dumb but I’ve been on clonidine for 2 months and I’ve tried multiple times to stop but I notice it’s annoying to come off of.

I think naturally I have high blood pressure my nicotine and caffeine intake is enormous and I use steroids so the clonidine kinda balances me out but I need to get of it.. I’ve had chest pains and I don’t like feeling slowed down all day.

Has anyone else taken clonidine for a while and has trouble? Did anything help stopping? I take 3 0.1 mg a day and when I stop I can notice the anxiety sweating, BP raise....

Hey guys this may sound dumb but I’ve been on clonidine for 2 months and I’ve tried multiple times to stop but I notice it’s annoying to come off of.

I think naturally I have high blood pressure my nicotine and caffeine intake is enormous and I use steroids so the clonidine kinda balances me out but I need to get of it.. I’ve had chest pains and I don’t like feeling slowed down all day.

Has anyone else taken clonidine for a while and has trouble? Did anything help stopping? I take 3 0.1 mg a day and when I stop I can notice the anxiety sweating, BP raise....
You could/should really try and cut down/cut out the nicotine, caffeine, and steroids? Then slowly taper your Clonidine dose to try and avoid rebound Hypertension (high blood pressure)