• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clonidine questions

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Sekio said he thought that Clonidine might reverse the adrenergic activity of Kratom and POSSIBLY help me fall asleep after taking Kratom because I always find Kratom gives me insomnia, so this made me think of a couple of questions:

1) Has anyone here who has experienced insomnia from Kratom or other stimulants used Clonidine after coming down to help them fall asleep and if so, how does it work?

2) Is Clonidine actually a "downer" or something that, if you were to take it without anything else, would make you tired or put you to sleep?

Is it mind altering and what class of drugs does it belong to?

3) Is Clonidine something you can get over the counter or at a health food store or is it a prescription med you need to go to the doctor for?

4) Is Clonidine safe to combine with Lexapro?

5) Is it safe to take with Klonopin?

6) Is it safe to take with Phenibut?

7) Is it overall a safe drug/supplement and what if any health risks relating to it should I be aware of?

Thanks

Yes. You took befor sleep and it makes you all lethargic and drowsy, kinda like after sex but without the smile.

2.I wouldn't say it's a downer, it just makes you sleepy, kinda like melatonin but more. It is not psychoactive, it belongs to the adrenergic alpha 2 agonists.

3.you need a prescription in the USA.

4.I don't see a reason why not, but perhaps you wanna wait for the experts here.

5.see 4.

6.see 4 .

It's generally safe, you just need to keep an eye on your blood pressure since it's used to lower it, also it may increase stimulents potency.

Clonidine is an anti-hypertensive and I've been told that taking it along with an opioid could result in low blood pressure. It's given to opioid addicts during withdrawal for its anti-hypertensive and relaxant effects.

As far as I know clonidine is not a drug that you want to take regularly if you don't need it as a blood pressure medication. It's a prescription medication so I highly doubt you would be able to get it for the use you intend anyways.

Jcdenton, agreed, but clonidine is actully prescribed for many other things, like children adhd for example.