• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clonidine for anxiety?

thatmf

Bluelighter
Hey all, just saw my doctor and she suggested trying clonidine for my anxiety, she doesn't write benzos scripts which in a way is good I suppose. Has anyone had clonidine prescribed or used it recreationally? Just so I know what I'm getting into. She said just to trial it and see how I go.

I've read mixed reviews. Any info/experiences would be much appreciated :)

Edit: I have slight ADHD as well, psychonauts wiki says that it's good in small doses.

It won't help...I have anxiety issues and I've also taken it during opiate withdrawal. It doesn't do much other then lower your blood pressure and make you feel like you're going to faint when standing up

It won't help...I have anxiety issues and I've also taken it during opiate withdrawal. It doesn't do much other then lower your blood pressure and make you feel like you're going to faint when standing up

Yeah that’s my understanding too. Helpful for opioid W/D, not terribly useful for much else (from the standpoint of receiving mental relief from drugs)

It helps some of the physical symptoms but for me, would lead to a really awful depressed/demotivated state that was its own hell. Propranolol works better for me, is barely perceptible but just lowers the heart rate and reactive physicality of anxiety. Does nothing for the mental side of it though, but makes it easier to remain in control. I only use it for public speaking though as it can cause insomnia.

Ask her for gabapentin, it gets used off-label for anxiety sometimes. Most doctors will give a prescription for it without a second thought, they pass it out like candy at rehab etc. Some people like it, some people don’t, but I’d say you might have more luck with that if you’re looking for a non-benzodiazepine anxiety-relieving drug.

Ask her for gabapentin, it gets used off-label for anxiety sometimes. Most doctors will give a prescription for it without a second thought, they pass it out like candy at rehab etc. Some people like it, some people don’t, but I’d say you might have more luck with that if you’re looking for a non-benzodiazepine anxiety-relieving drug.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a more potent, effective, 90% bioavailability version of Gabapentin ….both are decent, but Pregabalin is vastly superior

I could give you a Clonidine tablet telling you it’s a Valium and in 30min when it hit….youd be like, wow Valium is such an effective benzodiazepine at eliminating anxiety and making me calm & relaxed lol….but in no way what so ever could ever properly substitute for a benzo in a dependent individual

Sooo glad I stocked up on Diclazepam > Delorazepam > Lorazepam (longer half-life than Diazepam (Valium)) …..both synthesized by same chemist - Diazepam & 2-Chloro-Diazepam (Diclazepam) + Clonazepam & Librium 1st Benzo

Diclazepam 1mg
Etizolam 1mg
Deschloro-Etizolam 6mg

Clonidine 0.1mg - #1 non-Benzo anxiolytic
Gabapentin 300mg
Pregabalin 150mg #1 anxiolytic slightly similar to Benzo
Baclofen 10-30mg

Spanish brand Kern Diazepam 10mg tiny un-scored tablets are easily the most potent Valium on the market.
Canadian ApoTex Diazepam 10mg are weak as shit, 4-5 tablets ….while Kern Diazepam I’d be Freaking Rocked, bumping into walls, muscles like jello, Real freaking Diazepam

Diclazepam takes 2 days 48h to reach peak serum levels of main metabolite Delorazepam….then slowly metabolizes further into Lorazepam (Ativan) 7 days later still detected in urine.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a more potent, effective, 90% bioavailability version of Gabapentin ….both are decent, but Pregabalin is vastly superior

I could give you a Clonidine tablet telling you it’s a Valium and in 30min when it hit….youd be like, wow Valium is such an effective benzodiazepine at eliminating anxiety and making me calm & relaxed lol….but in no way what so ever could ever properly substitute for a benzo in a dependent individual

Sooo glad I stocked up on Diclazepam > Delorazepam > Lorazepam (longer half-life than Diazepam (Valium)) …..both synthesized by same chemist - Diazepam & 2-Chloro-Diazepam (Diclazepam) + Clonazepam & Librium 1st Benzo

Diclazepam 1mg
Etizolam 1mg
Deschloro-Etizolam 6mg

Gabapentin 300mg
Baclofen 10-30mg

Spanish brand Kern Diazepam 10mg tiny un-scored tablets are easily the most potent Valium on the market.
Canadian ApoTex Diazepam 10mg are weak as shit, 4-5 tablets ….while Kern Diazepam I’d be Freaking Rocked, bumping into walls, muscles like jello, Real freaking Diazepam

Diclazepam takes 2 days 48h to reach peak serum levels of main metabolite Delorazepam….then slowly metabolizes further into Lorazepam (Ativan) 7 days later still detected in urine.
Interesting :) I'm not benzodiazepine dependent. I've tried lyrica for a couple of weeks a very long time ago, didn't seem to do much for me but I did feel a sense of calm. My doc prescribed me clonidine for adhd/anxiety...I had one dose and it was during the middle of the day and I just laid there smacked out. Maybe I'll give it another chance? Just taking it at night might be beneficial. :)

Hey there OP, I just started Clonidine .2mg yesterday twice a day and I say it helps tremendously. I had anxiety, akathesia, hyperactivity and mania and didn’t sleep in two days without being drug induced and Inskeot yesterday after taking it and today I am so calm it’s unreal.

So I say it’s individual but likely will help. Usually the body will follow the brain and vice versa so if you calm the anxiety symptoms experienced in the body it usually helps the brain some. Hence propranolol used for gad.

That’s my take anyway…

Hey there OP, I just started Clonidine .2mg yesterday twice a day and I say it helps tremendously. I had anxiety, akathesia, hyperactivity and mania and didn’t sleep in two days without being drug induced and Inskeot yesterday after taking it and today I am so calm it’s unreal.

So I say it’s individual but likely will help. Usually the body will follow the brain and vice versa so if you calm the anxiety symptoms experienced in the body it usually helps the brain some. Hence propranolol used for gad.

That’s my take anyway…
Hey mate, thought I'd give 0.1mg another go. I took half a tablet last night and felt relaxed and focused. Had a good sleep without bizarre dreams and my Akathisia was almost entirely gone (I take antipsychotics). I think I'll give it some time to see if it will help with ADHD but it might have some promise :)

Diclazepam 1mg
Etizolam 1mg
Deschloro-Etizolam 6mg

Gabapentin 300mg
Baclofen 10-30mg

They do prescribe pregabaline for anxiety in the EU, iirc, but it’s pretty rare to have it prescribed off-label for anxiety in the USA afaik. I think it’s only usually prescribed for two conditions, fibromyalgia and diabetic neuropathy, and it’s a federally controlled substance (although low priority, it’s like schedule five or something iirc)

Hey all, just saw my doctor and she suggested trying clonidine for my anxiety, she doesn't write benzos scripts which in a way is good I suppose. Has anyone had clonidine prescribed or used it recreationally? Just so I know what I'm getting into. She said just to trial it and see how I go.

I've read mixed reviews. Any info/experiences would be much appreciated :)

Edit: I have slight ADHD as well, psychonauts wiki says that it's good in small doses.
I think clonidine is a miracle medicine for its anti-withdrawal help and fighting anxiety as well. For me the 2 most helpful meds for withdrawal were immodium and clonidine. I haven't tried clonidine for long term anxiety, but if you don't have a problem with blood pressure being too low, it might help.
And it's not a Benzo.

I think clonidine is a miracle medicine for its anti-withdrawal help and fighting anxiety as well. For me the 2 most helpful meds for withdrawal were immodium and clonidine. I haven't tried clonidine for long term anxiety, but if you don't have a problem with blood pressure being too low, it might help.
And it's not a Benzo.
It's definitely helped me a lot. The dosage is a bit tricky to figure out since too much and I'm drowsy the next day. But it has helped immensely :)

I got a script for 0.1 Clonidine for withdrawals. I normally have stage 2 hypertension so the Clonidine was fantastic in my case. I have a home BP monitor and would check my BP before I took a Clonidine just to be safe. They did this when I was inpatient detox 4 times a day, maybe more I forget. At home I was taking it every 3-4hrs some days when I went CT. Seemed to calm me, I'm guessing it help with the physical withdrawals. Now I take it at night before bed, I still toss and turn but who knows if it would be worse without the Clonidine. It does relax me when laying on the couch watching a movie.