• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

clonidine and crack--safe combo?

woamotive

Bluelighter
My buddy and I are smoking crack right now, and often do. Or, regularly. My question is: is it safe or is it useful to take clonidine. For the purpose of managing blood pressure or mellowing out both heart and mind?

Is it dangerous? For example does it make BP too low? Or, is it hard/er on the heart? I have a clonidine prescription, buddy doesnt. We also are both heroin addicts and so have each had a couple big shots of THAT today.

Feedback? Thanks! Any other suggestions or alternatives? Also I read that aspirin + clonidine is dangerous. True or false?

There is a common misconception that combining stimulants and downers such as benzos and opioids, being dangerous and causing some kind of opposing struggle on blood pressure. This is false, benzos are commonly given for dangerously high blood pressure from stimulant overdose in hospital. It isn't dangerous.

I have heard of people using clonidine for both lessening peripheral stimulation during amphetamine usage and also as a god send for the come down. It is an a2 adrenergic receptor antagonist so it should lessen the impact of NE release causing peripheral stimulation and unwanted negative side effects from both cocaine and amphetamines. It should be the same case for cocaine unless I am missing something very important. There is a danger from combining propanalol and other beta blockers with amphetamines and presumably other stimulants, it can actually cause hypertensive crisis if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your answers. Mostly what i was hoping to hear. Good!

Any other feedback BLers?