• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazolam (strength and consumption)/general questions on anxiolytic RCs

RodJonse

Bluelighter
So, Etizolam has just recently been outlawed in my state for some stupid fucking reason (yet I can own an AK-47, that's fine) and as a result, my go-to "need something stronger to quell panic attacks" thing that was helping me taper off the Diazepam I am prescribed and have a significant tolerance to is no longer available to me that easily.

I decided to purchase some Clonazolam after looking into its similarities to both Clonazepam and Alprazolam, which I've taken before and have no issues with. It has come to me in a vial unlike the Etizolam, which was convenient in that it was often available in a pellet form even from domestic RC vendors who supplied a whole lot of people taking it and seem to have no problem with the elephant in the room of human consumption so long as it's never directly acknowledged in any way tracing it to them. As such, the vendor I purchased this from shall remain nameless.

While I can obviously do the math for dosage and look at some equivalency charts, I wanted to know if anyone here had experience with this benzo and what an ideal moderate-light dose (let's say "treating amphetamine comedown" level) would be. I don't expect it to be any stronger at around 1mg than Xanax is, but I don't know.

There are many reports from people that this is "hellish", "terrible" etc. alongside the praise and these are of course the sort of people whose Erowid posts receive a disclaimer because they're taking stupid amounts and doing the kind of stupid shit that's led to Etizolam being banned in my state but I digress.

A main question I have is how exactly do you best consume a solution? Do I just measure it out, put it in some liquid and drink it? Could I let it soak in under my tongue as though it were Kava? Just thought I'd drop by here and ask these questions before trying any. Answers appreciated if you've got a fairly unbiased feel for this one. If you've used it excessively before or not enough to have a good reference point, nevermind.

On a semi-related note: what's a good anti-anxiety (doesn't have to explicitly be a downer) RC/natural drug that isn't a benzo or any sort of diazepine? I've reached the point now where I've quit taking kratom for purposes other than pain because I find that it now gives me sort of a 'whiplash' feeling after a little while and kills my mood, something that codeine and even hydro/oxy seems to do as well. My body's agreeing with my mind in that it's time to ease off the opioid receptors and try something else for a while. As I no longer like to drink a whole lot and have never enjoyed weed, the only thing I'm left with at current is Soma, which is by far one of the shittiest drugs I've ever taken in hindsight and I only use it in emergency "need something to potentiate whatever the hell is going to bring me down" situations alongside legitimate therapy due to chronic muscular/skeletal/possibly nerve pain I've been having. To know my options would be great, thanks.

The best way to consume a benzo solution is the same way you would consume a tablet - it will enter your body the same way. Just swallow it. It's presumably just the same powder diluted in a liquid. :)

Yeah, knew it's orally administered but I wasn't sure if it'd help to somehow quickly capsule and swallow the liquid, or take it alone or in a drink, etc.

Took 0.5mg with a bit of water about three hours ago. Empty stomach, fluid, so after about 20 minutes without any effect I took another 0.5mg.

Null. Been about an hour and a half and I'm still a bit stressed. Felt no distinguishable feelings which I expect since I have to take at least 80-130mg of Diazepam to feel the typical benzo effects and 2.5/3.5mg of Klonopin and Xanax respectively, so I'm going to take a little more by an additional 0.25mg until I reach the point of discernment. Then I'll have a reference point for any bad panic spells.

I seriously just want to feel it because while the Etizolam helped, it was entirely passive. I never once noticed it actively and refused to go beyond the 9mg test (that yielded no active effects) because I started to feel like I'd been scammed or something, even though I know for a fact by the input of others and that it was pharmacy grade medicine (most still manufactured in India) that wouldn't be selling well if it were worthless. Doesn't help I'm near skint in the "extra money for RCs" part of my budget and this has been tremendously expensive just to do at home what might be a lot easier at an outpatient place that deals with long term benzo use.

This whole thing makes me go "shit, am I in way too deep w/ benzos?" but at the same time, I've been getting by taking 5-10mg of Diazepam a day and nothing else unless I panic. That coupled with the knowledge I have of friends with Xanax habits that routinely include 150-200mg doses, which is about four or five times over me having to take 100 some mg of Diazepam has really confused me about where my brain is at with GABAergics and why it seems to only want to respond to alcohol and carisoprodol.

Last edited:
Morning. Been feeling it now after 4.5mg. Looks like 5mg is my "bring me down" dose, though I find it's more tiresome than what it derives from so 3mg is probably good if I intended to keep going as I did feel a sense of calm.

Shit hits like a brick not dissimilar to Xanax when you first try it after a long absence, which is understandable.

Happy, euphoric (but tired, as are benzos for the most part...plus, I've been up a full day). Time for a very good night's (booze free!) sleep. ;)

Day after night two. Liking this one! :) Discernable feelings still at 3mg - as I thought, the same dosage needed from Xanax to get some sort of effect for me - serving as a very good sedative after you've got some food in you. Combining it with diphenhydramine would probably make me feel like I've been taking Seroquel or something, sans the continuing effect the next day.

This is a very good RC benzo. It's just that though, and as such, I need to keep my use limited. Looks like ~1.70mg will be a functional dose to quell a panic attack.

Interestingly enough, I don't see this benzo as tremendously at risk for abuse. Though I may be biased as I've never liked enjoyed to begin with (only their cousins, the Z-drugs, which is how I got here in the first place), a 'recreational' dose with Clonazolam carries with it a very strong desire to go to sleep. There are of course those who abuse benzos in that fashion because they like sleeping/dreaming more than staying awake but most people probably want to stay awake. Attempting to combat the urge seems to dispel feelings of euphoria so this is a very good "calm down before bed" sort of thing if it has any recreational value.

On a semi-related note: what's a good anti-anxiety (doesn't have to explicitly be a downer) RC/natural drug that isn't a benzo or any sort of diazepine?

first-gen anti-histamines have pronounced sedative properties that can be really handy in situations like panic-attacks. promethazine (often mixed with codeine to make Lean) is really potent - they'll make you incredibly drowsy and are great for sleep, but you'll feel groggy af the next day. there's also hydroxyzine hydro-chloride which isn't as potent so its a much better daytime anti-anxiety, but if valium doesnt work for you then this might be too weak. they both also act as opiate potentiators so take that into account too.

mirtazipine is an ssri with similar anticholinergic effects, the lower the dosage the better they work for sleep as the more you take the more the stimulating ssri effects kick in. you could look into some anti-psychotics: olazipine, seroquel etc etc, but i wouldn't recommend taking anti-psyches just fora bit of sleep.

then there's Buspar, but that never worked for me.