• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazolam blocked by diclazepam?

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
Two questions for those familiar with the pharmacology of benzodiazepines.

1. On a few isolated occasions for one day over the past two years I chose not to take my prescribed 3-mg/day Klonopin and instead I took a stout dose of diclazepam - say 3- to 5-mg and then about two hours later dose 1-mg of clonazolam, at four hours another 1-mg and at six another 1-mg.

That's 3 - 5-mg dicalz & 3-mg c-lam.

The c-lam seems to do very little when there's diclaz on-board ahead of dosing the clam, I haven't tried the other way around as I don't use c-lam very often and usually without anything other benzo taken that day - there should be little Klonopin on board as I wait 30 hours or so and it has no active metabolites.

It is not delusions of sobriety. I had that checked by several other former drug users who were sober when this has happened.

2. My last visit to check on my stash I noticed one batch of c-lam - from a well known long gone Asian supplier has slightly changed color. When I received it (late-2016) it was a very bright yellow, now it is less bright and more a dull yellow. I keep it vacuum sealed. I last tested it a year ago and it was fine. I'm thinking the color change has to do with the extreme compression of the material under vacuum.

My other batches of c-lam from a different source; three multi-gram orders have a similar duller yellow color.

Anyone notice this happening with c-lam or flu-alp, or other benzos that have a strong color to the raw material?

Thanks - SO

Am I invisible? I rarely get any serious replies - are my rare OPs inappropriate for this forum? Lame questions or am I on the 'pay no mind list'?

Too long? Poorly worded? English is my native language.

I thought maybe if Lorne was around maybe he'd at least weight in on these questions, which are not that out of the ordinary are they?

Thanks.

@speedballs_over
Can't comment on the color change.

As for diclaz making the c-lam not work - that's mad. C-lam is mad strong. I used to take them both daily, along with other RC benzos, Xanax and Diaz.
Times when I'd been on diclaz all day (used to use it in the monring/day because it wasnt too dehibilitating and good for holding off wds) then come 6-7pm take flubro-lam, Xanax or c-lam to get a wobble/buzz, 1mg of clonaz would be PLENTY. I had the 0.5mg red pellets from UK clearnet. Saying you're taking 3mg and not feeling is madness to me. Screams out shit product.
I had a huge tolerance too. Huge. 10 Xanax bar a day with shit loads of ket weed n booze with no blackout type tolerance.

Thanks for the thoughts - could be.. I have a stout but lower than in the past tolerance to all benzos.

I think this was b/c of tolerance. It takes 2.6-mg C-lam over a day w/o dicalz for 36-hours to get a good mood lift, anxiolysis and and all that. Without blacking out, falling asleep (after the first two hours) or memory loss.

I don't think it's dicalz blocking I just think diclaz is weaker (duh) and that I wasn't dsoing enough c-lam.

So I dropped the diclaz for the week and will return to it next Monday to resume my taper.

I'm glad I have some control over my usage now. 5.5-mg c-lam was destroying my memory. At <3.0-mg my memeory is fine (2.x-mg spaced over a day, for the week into the weekend and then going back to dicalz and tapering).

Yes, my tolerance will have been raised and this was not a great idea. But.... I love c-lam on occasions now, rare occasions.

Bad thing to have >10-g of c-lam on hand. But throwing it out seems too painful, so yes, I am addicted psycho & physically).

Does this have much to do with what the come-up feels like? Rather than literally blocking the receptors, having one on board then taking another will not have the same impact because during the come-up one is not starting from zero or worse, and most drugs have relative, absolute, and specific impacts on the receptors and other bodily systems. The larger the absolute number of receptors being affected in a shorter time span makes for an bigger bang.

For example: When I am having a better day than usual with chronic pain, I will skip a dose or two of Vendal Retard/MST Continus and then chew my next dose of it and IV nicomorphine or a similar analgesic right as I am going from Stage I to Stage II narcotic withdrawal symptoms and the painkillers hit me so much harder that it was worth a little bit of suffering. This also helps with the constipation. This is not the best idea with benzodiazepines of course -- the potential of grand mal seizures and so on make a big difference.

I get what you're telling me. I'm going through it with subs and dope transitions right now as I often switch b/w them.

I think you're correct about the intiial question I asked. Thank you. Thread is complete, imo.