• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazolam and Pregabalin, sleep and addiction

What about talking to my contact person at my methadone clinic? Any chance they replace it with Clonazepam or Diaepam to collect in ever degreesing doses at my chemist (UK)?

There is a lot of info on people tapering down from strong benzos. I notice only a few replies and I hate when someone is trying and is twisting in the wind. But also I am not experienced to give tapering info but if I needed it I know it exists. I went two several different methadone clinics. a few of them private. One was owned by two brothers. The one a business man and the other the clinic doctor. If I were honest with that guy he would for sure help me taper down and prescribe me something. The public or state clinics, not a chance.

I think you are determined palimm and you are not the only one to get in a jam. (We all get ourselves into jams all the time lol). If it were me I would go slow and easy, stay on a certain amount of meds without increasing and slowly go down. From what I have read if one goes very slow in a benzo taper it is healthier for mind and body. And it seems you got the poly drug use going on which pile up. But I can't see how any of this is a problem if you go slow.

Ojjjjj, thnaks for your post, Jack, gave me more hope and thanks so mucyh fio all of his! :love:, but I decided already before reading yout poste that it's over for now. I WILL stop from tomorrrow morning (last dose tonight for sleep), I wait till my body-related symptoms can't be tolerated anymore and will give me my first "mini"-dose then and so on tilll I hopefully, arrive at norhing. Willl ask my GP for something for sleep which should be temazepam, if they know the enemy, but

Just as said. Binge last night, tiny dose today, though it took a while till I really felt it. But well, stuck to it thus far. Now let's await the next days.

Your best bet is to find balance and stay at a certain level and lower slowly. One of the things that stuck with me is people that went too fast coming of benzos had issues with lingering side effects. Then others that went slow had it better, some even clained it was much easier to go very slow.

Stay well Palimm there is a lot of info here. Go searching through the threads. It can be done safely so don't hurt yourself.

As noted, clonazolam at 3mg, let alone 5mg, is actually a high dose, as clonazolam is very strong. A non-tolerant individual will be high from 0.25mg. Your best bet is to find the minimum dose that will keep you well, and stay on that dose, VERY strictly, for 2 weeks. If you slip up and take more, it will set you back even if it's just once. If you need to go a little higher and feel it a little to avoid slipping up, that would be the best thing. Clonazolam lasts a long time so if you can manage to dose just once a day, that would make it easier. If you can do once a day, take it later in the day so you can sleep.

Once you find a good maintenance dose, stick with it for a couple of weeks, and then drop by 10% (this is the number I see used most often). Drop 10% every 2 weeks. It will be a long taper because 10% becomes smaller and smaller the lower you go. You can't just drop by 10% of the original amount every week because the percentage of the new dose becomes smaller as the dose gets smaller. Eventually dropping by the same amount will result in 50% reductions, which is going to be hellish. So it would be like this (let's say 2mg is your starting maintenance dose):

Day 1: 2mg
Day 14: 1.8mg
Day 21: 1.62mg
Day 28: 1.458mg
etc

It will take a while but this is the way you can avoid experiencing withdrawals and eventually get off. Benzo/gabaergic withdrawals are very dangerous and it causes excitotoxicity, which essentially causes brain damage. A long, slow taper will result is less lingering side effects. Oftentimes people who go cold turkey or drop too fast will experience a long period of recovery even after getting past the acute withdrawals. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to benzos.

Many thanks for your input. Well 3-5 mg would be maxima over the whole day on extreme days.

I meanwhile replaced it with Etizolam 3 times a day, 3 mg. I know, still a lot, but I'm going down from here.

EDIT: I also use some lyrica at night for sleep and sometimes for egneral relaxation. Have to be careful here not to swap addictions.

OK atm I seem just to be fucking up. I gave me Clonazolam IV 2 times this Day (really nice, kicks in fast, unlike alpra. Don't try at home!). And now, welll, I hope I can go back to my Etizolam as needed or should I just try to get help at my regular clinic do be tapered slowly with clonazepam I(don't know if they do)?
If you ask me Clonazolam has NOTHING in commmon with Clonazepam, though peoopple keep claiming that. It really is a much stronger and more sedating version of Xanax... I think I should try a proper Etizolam taper one last time and then open up to my worker and kindly ask for clonazolam for a smoooth taper. You see: I can atm have nothing that kicks me out of my job or would leave me on sick pay. One week sick pay = not affording rent for me.
No, even if you look all the data available, clonazolam is some super--cersion of alprazolam. ie slightly faster onset, similar pharmacokinetics and -dynamics and action. Its just more sedative due to the chlorine, as far as I understand, But I'm not a cooker or a chemist... I'm just a poor guy with as habit wanting to get off plus its metabolites seem to be super potemnt and long-lasting.

So tyhe plan: Try eti. Not a nice shot of eti in my morning coffee (which I really love, btw), but only when I really can't function otherwise. I have promethazine and low-dose pregabalin to sleep to.
If this shouold fail its no final: off to the doc.

It's cool that you're enjoying the stuff you're taking. Though your original plan was to taper and get off benzos completely. Now you're going to the opposite direction. Especially IV use will undeniably deepen your addiction.

Nothing wrong with that If you know what you're doing and willing to accept the consequences. You shouldn't be planning to stop your drug use unless you're truely ready to do so. You are setting yourself up for failure and disappontments for no reason.

If you are addicted to benzos but otherwise stable it's not the end of the world. Stopping benzos will always cause stress and anxiety no matter how smoothly the taper goes. You have your job to do which you cannot afford to lose. It's important that you don't risk that with doing half assed taper plans.

You will know when you have had enough and are ready to stop benzos and face everything that comes with. Then you should plan your taper and wait for the right moment (no extra responsibilities etc.) to begin it.

I sincerely believe this would be best thing to do in your situation. All the best and good luck man.

Yes, you are righf. Bengal fuled nonsense.

I have 0.5 diclazepam on my way, hoping it'll get job done due.to long half life. Pulse I never liked it anyways.

I precisely went into the opposite direction there

Sry, meant benzo fuled non-sense. No, I want.to get off. Not forever, but this.time,.I know.

Thanks.for.the.god.wishes. I'm functional in my every day life.

I feel infinitely lonely, though. Waiting for my diclazepam which takes a while bc of the planet ban in uk, but stuff gets through it I are smart about it. Hope I'll be able to migrate and my lyricsa might help, too. I'm not really ready as you pointed out currectly, but which me luck. It won't be a farewell to benzos, this I can assure nevertheless.

Edit: LivingonValium: you have no idea.what your.support means.to me. Thank you so much for alll your lines!