Clonazepam Taper Help

kpinsurvivor

Greenlighter
I am coming towards the end of a 3 month taper. I ABUSED Xanax and Klonopin for a little over a year (mostly Xanax until I started my taper). When my supply ran low, I realized I was too deep into my use to stop cold turkey. I went to my GP (never prescribed me a benzo), begged to be put on a longer lasting benzo and start a taper plan. By the grace of God, he agreed to put me on 2mg of Klonopin as long as I agreed to see him every week for my script. I am on week 12 of my taper and down to .125mg a day. It has been rough for me but as of this week the only symptoms I am experiencing are slight insomnia, cold sweats, brain fog (THE WORST FOR ME), some anxiety, and dizziness. I have been on .125mg for 8 days now and have 2 .125mg ODT tablets left. After stabalizing, I am wondering if I should drop to .0625mg for 4 days or use the last of my .125mg in 2 days and jump off (DR said the .125mg/day was my last script) . I smoke high grade cannabis oil at night for sleep (during the day for an appetite if needed), take magnesium malate, bacopa, l theanine, and use CBD throughout the day. I eat at least 3 meals a day and exercise 2 to 4 days a week. I am 21 and have c/t xanax multiple times in the past without much trouble (was in jail at the time). Any advice would be a BLESSING as I am mostly consumed with fear at this point.

Stretching it out won't hurt you, but I don't think it will make that huge of a difference at this point. It might almost be better to stop a few days before the end of your taper and keep a few low doses for possible crisis or emergency type situations. Sounds like you are doing most everything you can. From a personal perspective I'd suggest taking it easy on cannabis products because they are at times anxiogenic and I found smoking to be the cause of some cravings for benzos, but I don't really see a big problem with mild consumption, just so long as you are aware of how it fully impacts you.

Just stay active and don't let your anxiety or fear of anxiety limit your activities.

I am the type of person that has a much better chance staying stopped and accepting it if I have no more doses when I jump. I dont want to go 3,4,or 5 days without it and feel the need for an emergency dose leading me back to square one. I agree with your view on the cannabis as I cannot have any sativas. I wont use it if I dont have a heavy indica. It has been a godsend on top of CBD. Do you have any advice on brain fog or is that something that just goes with time? Ive never experienced it coming off xanax in the past.

I can help you with your taper ad from experience is the best way to get off benzo. It took me 9 months to taper and withdrawal all the waybdoen to tiny crumbs of valium and I still am feeling some very scary symptoms. All's I can say is stick with tour taper plan and make sure to level out on each dose before cutting again. I will honestly tell you that it will not be easy.