• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Clonazepam ROA

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey my friends,

After years of being on Clonazepam, although not to my fullest; I function. Godsend of a drug and thankfully not frowned upon here like others ie) alpraz & diaz. It's the best of the bunch and has solved 80% of my PTSD.

Always have taken with SSRI in morning upon waking. No food just orally take it. It works throughout the day but recently I have tried sublingual. It satisfies the odd craving I have since years of Suboxone for pain which was the first time I ever dissolved anything under my tongue.

It lasts as long and seemingly helps my pain medicine work a tad quicker when dosed this way. What is your preference with Clonaz? I plan to be on this lifelong and just wondering what everybody thinks of sublingual vs. oral. Kicks in rapidly and just lasts longer. Thinking it is safer than daily dosing it orally and actively using my liver. Thinking it might be my new way

It always seemed to work that way for me too and for other friends but this is at odds with what I understand about sublingual administration because clonazepam isn't particularly water soluble is it?

My understanding was that for a drug to be effectively administered via methods that rely on mucous membranes (insufflation, rectal, sublingual), the drug had to be water soluble.

But sublingual clonazepam appears to be relatively common and I felt like it did work also, so I have no idea what's up with that.

Maybe someone else can explain?

It always seemed to work that way for me too and for other friends but this is at odds with what I understand about sublingual administration because clonazepam isn't particularly water soluble is it?

My understanding was that for a drug to be effectively administered via methods that rely on mucous membranes (insufflation, rectal, sublingual), the drug had to be water soluble.

But sublingual clonazepam appears to be relatively common and I felt like it did work also, so I have no idea what's up with that.

Maybe someone else can explain?
It hits much faster and typically stronger although not peak levels via sublingual.

Its intended to work this way because its a medication designed for quick action, i was instructed a looong time ago when i got em, "if ever in a panic, put it under your tongue and sit for 5 minutes and itl calm you" so i suppose thats why.

I take it orally because i prefer the slow come on of it i dont know if sub lasts as long however id think the peak drops quicker (what comes on hard drops fast rule) so thats me.

I just take it orally on an empty stomach and it always kicks in within 20-25 mins which is quick enough for me.

I've taken it orally for 10 years and for the past week I'm telling you, the sublingual ROA has been like magic. I haven't needed to take my Temazepam because the effects have been extended. I have no idea why this is, with Xanax it was gone as soon as it began. I am just not going to question it I guess lol

I'm going to try it, i have been on them a few years and the past few weeks my anxiety is up but i don't want to go any higher

I've always enjoyed taking them like this, tastes minty.

The peak is a whole different experience when taken sublingual.
Always crushed between two spoons and poured under my tongue.

I've took it like this my whole life, love the taste. Only time i'm not taking them like this is when I have to function.

Does sublingual work-YES
Compared to oral dose feels 2-3 times as strong in a third of the time.-PRO
Only lasted half the time-CON
So i was right, doesnt seem worth it tbh clonazepams whole value is in its long lasting effects or else id ask for xanax

Are we just putting it out there that Benzodiazepines are effective sublingually? I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade or anything but most prescriber's don't care whether you take it orally or sublingually and many will in-fact recommend it as a first-line route of administration in those requiring a quicker onset i.e. panic disorder. It's generally a faster onset if applicable without a a significant sacrifice in terms of duration.

All I can say is after daily Clonazepam usage for 12 years, the sublingual ROA has been extremely helpful this week. I have had zero sacrifice in terms of it's duration which is why I made this thread. Alprazolam would last half the time but the Clonazepam gives me 8 hrs of relief orally and sublingually. I have been taking my second dose a bit later and when taken sublingually I am able to ditch Temazepam altogether. I don't know why it works so well but I am not questioning it. The onset is more rapid and the duration has never been more than 8 hours for me and I still get the same duration with sublingual ROA.

I've always enjoyed taking them like this, tastes minty.

The peak is a whole different experience when taken sublingual.
Always crushed between two spoons and poured under my tongue.
OMG I know right.

Who woulda thought tranquilizers could be so delicious?!

Is it common that with extended use there’s not an increase in tolerance? Seems like you have t seen anything after 12 years.

Is it common that with extended use there’s not an increase in tolerance? Seems like you have t seen anything after 12 years.

Ive been on clonazepam for years and my tolerance hasn't went up, i don't get as sedated but the calming effect still works without going higher