• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam refill...100% ineffective.

Just an FYI...
I take klonopin too and the monthly price for 60-1 mg tablets is $7.65 at the pharmacy. I believe that even after your Medicare runs out that you'll be able to afford them. They have always been less than $10, regardless of the pharmacy I used. So don't stress yourself out too much about it. Btw, I get different colors/brands pretty often. I currently have blue pills with nothing on one side and C1 on the other (too lazy to get the bottle out of my lock box to see who manufactures them). Just got these last month. The month before I had very light yellow pills.

Thank you. It's the doctor's visits that I'm most worried about. But since the price of Clonazepam is so low, I think I'll be able to sustain my prescription.

Um.. ��

What's the question? I
take clonazepam too, and that's, somewhat disturbing. Are you soliciting information? The burden is on you to prove if they are bunk, so to speak. Then you can pursue action (to further Teva's legal problems?) Seriously they have had issues before, and come to think of it, someone else has posted complaining about Teva clonazepam tablets (0.5? Not sure though) Just clarifying

Wow not Teva... Ok I am at the Hospital right now, excuse me. Still, just trying to get some direction. Btw, this is mostly irrelevant, though long term PRN Clonazepam just isn't very effective. I get it, (seriously) but if you can afford a doctor that will give you refills, clonazepam are super cheap, especially a reasonable dose like that

Sorry, that sucks hope it works out. You have another bottle so your ok atm?

No. I'm not soliciting any info. I'm well versed in Bluelights no/no policies. I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue with their prescriptions. It just baffles me that pills that were manufactured in a lab, specifically for medicinal use, were defective. Street pills, I get it. They're hit and miss, with the larger percentage leaning towards miss. But what if these had been crucial pills, such as blood pressure or heart pills? A patient taking these medications that had absolutely no effect would most likely wind up in the ER, or dead.

I've always had issues with big pharma, especially regarding the fact that they are the main component that is keeping marijuana from being legal in all 50 US states, and keeping it a Schedule I drug. But I had hoped that they would at least have fail safes in place that would prevent ineffective pills from being released to the public.

I've had rare occasions where I have struggled through a month and had all the symptoms of withdrawal even though I was taking my medicine daily (narcotic). When I got my new scripts the next month I was fine.

I thought there was something wrong with me because I was sweating all day, felt sick to my stomach and my anxiety went through the roof. Took my new scripts and by that night felt back to my old self.

Who knows? I've read articles about China inserting bunk medicines into our pharmaceutical stream. Money changed hands and all of the sudden you have fake meds. I've read this more than once.

I don't know at what point they are able to insert their meds but obviously it's far back upstream from a pharmacy.

Okay, so my doctor has me on Clonazepam, two 1 mg doses per day. I've been on Clonazepam for nearly a year now. Since I know I won't have Medicaid after May of next year and I probably won't be able to afford them afterwards (after all, my refills only cost fifty cents per bottle), I have been taking them very sparingly, knowing that my anxiety is going to require me to need them for a long time to come. It seems as though every time I get a refill, the pills are a different color, or they'll be thick instead of flat. They vary from refill to refill.

Anyway, I started a bottle that I received a few months ago. Now mind you that, because I use them so sparingly, I have a very low tolerance. I took one 1 mg that morning, because I knew I was going to be prone to having a panic attack. Although my anxiety was through the roof that morning, I didn't have a panic attack. Luckily for me, because the pill I took had no effect. I might as well have taken an aspirin. So I waited a few days, and I took two and a half this time. Normally, two Clonazepam at once would have me to where I would be barely able to keep my eyes open. But once again, I felt nothing.

I decided to give it one more try, plus I gave my mom one. She takes one half mg Clonazepam each night at bedtime. So, giving her one of my 1 mg would be the equivalent of her doubling her dose. As for myself, I took five this time. Now I haven't taken more than two in one day (aside from the two and a half the previous week) in years. I stopped abusing pills around a decade ago. These should have had me out for the entire day. Again, nothing! Not even so much as a yawn. My mom also called me and told me that she didn't feel anything.

With street drugs, I get it. Every once in a while, you're going to get some bunk pills. But the pharmacy? Really? I have another bottle with the exact same pills. Same shape and color. I took one, and I was more chill than a polar bear's toenails. I gave my mom one of those, and she definitely noticed a difference. I even lied and said it was from the same refill, as to avoid the placebo effect. Has anyone else experienced this? How in the hell do you get bunk pills from a pharmacy? Their pills are manufactured in a lab with state of the art equipment, ffs! How can I avoid this in the future? After all, it's not like buying a shirt from Walmart. Once you leave a pharmacy with your script, you can't return it. It's a done deal. Any input or advice would be very welcomed. Thanks.

Sorry for chiming in late to the thread, but are you stuck going to just one store. I have had garbage, rock hard pills, that I believe didn't do much, if anything.

Trying not to vioate any rules, your lower end pharmacys that deal with a ton of people, would statistically have a better chance of cheaper generics. Your specialty pharmacys should have a better chance of "better" generics.

I have found the best tablets at hospital pharmacys. Adderall, for example, are thin and scored in a cross pattern, other tabs like yours are thin or melt in your mouth.

It is a numbers game. If you can, switch up pharmacys, try a better one. You can also contact your insurance and either let them know what you think is going on, or see if you can possibly get mail order.

I've done mail order, WITH a valid perscription. Sch 4 can still be mail order.

I have also taken diazepam that was at least a few years old, but stored in a dark, cool pace. They worked fine. Your pills shouldn't go bad in a few months or even a year.

Last edited:
Sorry for chiming in late to the thread, but are you stuck going to just one store. I have had garbage, rock hard pills, that I believe didn't do much, if anything.

Trying not to vioate any rules, your lower end pharmacys that deal with a ton of people, would statistically have a better chance of cheaper generics. Your specialty pharmacys should have a better chance of "better" generics.

I have found the best tablets at hospital pharmacys. Adderall, for example, are thin and scored in a cross pattern, other tabs like yours are thin or melt in your mouth.

It is a numbers game. If you can, switch up pharmacys, try a better one. You can also contact your insurance and either let them know what you think is going on, or see if you can possibly get mail order.

I've done mail order, WITH a valid perscription. Sch 4 can still be mail order.

I have also taken diazepam that was at least a few years old, but stored in a dark, cool pace. They worked fine. Your pills shouldn't go bad in a few months or even a year.

Oh, no. I live in a small town. But much like every other town, we have tons of pharmacies. I use Walgreen's, but I'm going to switch to CVS. And I agree with clonazepam not going bad, due to expiration. From what I've read and what I've personally experienced, they can retain their potency for years, if stored properly. Thanks for the advice.

My 100% ineffective refill of Clonazepam.

Okay, I have been prescribed Clonazepam for a year now. I am supposed to take two 1mg pills per day, but I only take them when I really need them, as to avoid dependency. So at the moment, I have about six bottles that I haven't even taken. Last month, I started another bottle. But because I had accidentally mixed a few bottles when counting, I wasn't sure exactly which month and bottle they were from. Anyway, I took one. A couple hours later, I realized I felt absolutely nothing. So, I waited another hour and I took another. Two hours later, I still felt nothing. So I waited a week, to let them get out of my system and to make sure my tolerance wasn't building, and I took another. Same thing. I might as well have been taking baby aspirin. This time, I took four at once, more than I've taken at once in over a decade. Not even remotely effective.

I called the pharmacy and because I wasn't sure about the bottle the pills I took came from, they couldn't help. So I took Clonazepam from another bottle, and just one put me to sleep. This month, I decided to strictly take this month's prescription. Before I was taking the oldest ones first, and progressing forward with them. So I took one, and it was the same. No effect whatsoever. I took another. No effect. I waited a week, and this time I ordered a 10 pack benzo urine test. I took a urine test when they came in and tested negative for benzos. So I took two Clonazepam before I went to bed, and took a urine test the next night. Negative for benzos. I took another Clonazepam than night, and another urine test the next night. Same thing. Negative for benzos.

I called my pharmacist and explained my situation. She was trying to tell me that I probably had a faulty test. After getting the runaround, I took pills from a bottle dated back in February. I sat down, watched some silly YouTube crap, and before I knew it, I had passed out in my recliner and it was the next day. I took another test, and tested positive for benzos. So basically, I have at least one prescription of Clonazepam, maybe more, that contains absolutely no benzodiazepine whatsoever. I called corporate, and someone is supposed to call me back.

I suffer from PTSD, general and social anxiety, to name a few. I also take Paxil. Up until last month, I actually felt normal and not like I was about to lose my mind. Now, I can't even trust my pharmacist, in spite of one of them guaranteeing me that they were real, and it would be illegal for them to tell me or give me placebos otherwise. I don't know what to do here at all. I'm sure if I got a lawyer, that the pills could be tested and what I know could be verified, which is that this month's prescription at least, has no benzodiazepine in it. I could have told them that WITHOUT the test. The test only confirmed it.

I know we aren't allowed to ask for legal advice, and I'm not. But what would you do in my situation, if you found out your pharmacist had given you pills that were 100% ineffective? This has only increased my major trust issues, undone the good that had been building up in me for the past year, and has all but brought me back to the level of anxiety, depression, and stress I had been enduring, before I bit the bullet and went to a doctor for help. I apologize for the length of my first post, but I am severely stressed out right now, and my normal ability to summarize is completely gone at the moment.

take them back to the pharmacy and let the manager know, but don't be suprised if they can't do much, to be fair you have to play devil's advocate here and say, how does the pharmacy know you haven't swapped out the pills for identical looking fakes?

seriously though, it's more likely to be a screw up somewhere along the distribution line than the pharmacist purposefully deciding to gaslight you for whatever reason, knowing they'd lose their job if found guilty...

it could also be 100% just placebo effect and confirmation bias is causing you to be more anxious/less restful on days you take "the wrong" meds, maybe get your friends to do a blind trial before doing anything? it wouldnt take long and they could confirm whether or not your meds are active or not.

One time (in the 3 years I took clonazepam) I always chewed or just sucked them like mints.....the different brands looked different but also tasted minty. One time I picked them up as usual, they looked different but tasted awful. I looked up the pill id they accidentally gave me some weird anticholinergic/phenobarbital stuff thats usually for GI problems. When I brought them back they said it made no sense how a mix up like that happened. But yeah, if they're from a pharmacy, ask them?

take them back to the pharmacy and let the manager know, but don't be suprised if they can't do much, to be fair you have to play devil's advocate here and say, how does the pharmacy know you haven't swapped out the pills for identical looking fakes?

seriously though, it's more likely to be a screw up somewhere along the distribution line than the pharmacist purposefully deciding to gaslight you for whatever reason, knowing they'd lose their job if found guilty...

it could also be 100% just placebo effect and confirmation bias is causing you to be more anxious/less restful on days you take "the wrong" meds, maybe get your friends to do a blind trial before doing anything? it wouldnt take long and they could confirm whether or not your meds are active or not.

The placebo effect wouldn't cause two urine tests to test negative for benzos. As I stated earlier, it was only after I took Clonazepam I had from a few months earlier, that I actually felt it and that I actually tested positive for benzos.

One time (in the 3 years I took clonazepam) I always chewed or just sucked them like mints.....the different brands looked different but also tasted minty. One time I picked them up as usual, they looked different but tasted awful. I looked up the pill id they accidentally gave me some weird anticholinergic/phenobarbital stuff thats usually for GI problems. When I brought them back they said it made no sense how a mix up like that happened. But yeah, if they're from a pharmacy, ask them?

I have contacted them online, through Walgreen's headquarters, and the pharmacy I got them from. All they do is give me the runaround. This really pisses me off, because this has really set my progress back. It's all I can do to go check the mail right now, let alone leave the house and find a job that I desperately need.

Are the tests from different menufactueres(not just brands)? Have you had them confirmed by GCMS? Why don't you try making a doctors appointment, bring the bottles/pills with you, don't say anything about them being fake(because you could sound like a crazy person trying to claim 6 different bottles of pills collected at least 6 months apart are all fake, and thats its somehow more likely that this is the truth rather than having two faulty strip drug tests), just that you hadn't been taking them as you were pursuing non-drug solutions to your problems but had kept them around in case you needed them, and now you do as your symptoms have recently become much worse for whatever reason, and tell them they have been completely ineffective and ask to switch to a different benzo such as valium

Yeah, it can be tough to get in contact with pharmacies over pill issues, especially considering the schedule of them.

Unfortunately you may meet some resistance to understanding of your situation. Some people may ask or think: why is it that you changed up your routine this month (newest prescription instead of old), why did you stock up six months, (360 pills say 300 good ones) when you have had the prescription for a year, why were you counting them and happen to mix up this time, why can't you use the older ones during this set back, match up manufacturers and pill details, anxiety management and questions, room for skepticism etc...

From some pharmacist and pharm tech friends in the NE US (NH), there have supposedly been a lot of weird pill scams (patients returning fake pressed pills or bizarre things) and issues over some scheduled substances. Though that was more previous years, and its all dying from fentanyl in everything now. Messed up drug restrictions and market. Not that pharmacists and drug manufacturers can't mess up, however.

I feel for you, though, man. Actually, my mom had a refill of Xanax (she has been on the same dose 0.5 BID PRN) for 20 years and last year had a batch one month that just didn't work at all. She was able to get new ones on returning them, but also has been quite consistent.

Best of luck getting things sorted out! Keep working with the anxiety.

As far as I know clonazepam has to be specifically tested for as it does not share similar metabolites to most other benzos on the market. Take one of these pills and then get a GC-MS test done on an UA before you proceed with contacting the pharmacy. Fake pills do exist. If I really thought they were fake I would send one off to get tested at energy control or Ex data. If they are fake and you happened to be dependent on the medication at the time you could have had a serious reaction related to abruptly discontinuing the drug. If you have proof you might save someone else from getting bad medication if the pharmacy digs deeper.