• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam not sedating?

Stanfoo

Greenlighter
Is clonazepam supposed to be sedating? I've seen people recommend it as an sleep aid and that it "knocks you out".

I haven't found that to be the case. I've no benzo tolerance and took 1mg before bed the past week, noticed no sedation effects, did not make me sleepy at all. However it undoubtedly reduces my time to fall asleep. I was just hoping it'd make me feel sleepy which was not the case. Is this a dosing issue? Or do I just respond differently to this drug than others?

Benzodiazepines are amazing for sleep. That being said, I feel like people recommend the wrong ones in most cases. Temazepam and Nitrazepam are benzodiazepine hypnotic agents thus can bring on rest in normal doses. Other benzos which are short-acting can knock you out for sure but the dose would be higher than needed for normal anxiety issues. 2MG of Xanax should put most people with zero tolerance to sleep due to its fast onset. Clonazepam is longer acting and thus is not the best for sleep in general. Enough of any benzo will make you drowsy but for me I never have gotten tired from Clonazepam aside from doses exceeding 6MG. Others do get aide in sleep from Clonazepam though. 2MG can do the trick if you wait for it to kick in but it really depends on your metabolism

To be honest, I found Xanax very dysphoric, uncomfortable and with a kind sluggish awareness of all around me

Have a script for them and don't even want then.

I believe people often have a public-inflated view of Benzodiazepines as being like Barbiturates. Barbiturates (I've done them many times) are what I would describe as Alcohol in a pill. Warm/fuzzy, sluggish, just fucked up. There is not a question of if they are working or not if you take a decent dosage. Benzodiazepines are actually pretty subtle when used at prescribed dosages. They become unsubtle at higher dosages, but said dosages often involve blacking out and not actually remembering exactly how you felt.

1-2mg isn’t really sedating to me at all. Taken morning and not drowsy or anything all day. Even if that’s the only thing taken that day. Very subtle. 6-8mg is another story, but no desire to pass out necessarily. Clonazepam prob one of the best for daytime usage.

if it makes you fall asleep faster it’s working. don’t take more than 1mg. that’s a big dose.

It seems to depend on the person, it doesn't sedate me at even 40mg+. Right now I'm on 3.5mg of flualprazolam, which is far stronger per mg. Clonazepam though is a great benzo.

2mg calms me, 4-6 sedates BUT, you have to lie down, let it work, they take 15-40min for full effect, you can take 2 an take 2 sublingually (id crush and then put under tongue)

but don't do this for fun, this a good way to get hooked, and once you get used to thinking 'fuck i'm overwhelmed, i'll take some benzos and chill' is the moment you need to step back and see what you're doing

Benzos aren't to be taken lightly, just because alot of people take them, isnt really a green light, i think if you want sedation, just stick to having a good glass of liquor (NEVER MIX BENZOS AD LIQUOR PLEASE) liquor sedates me nicely

My opiates sedate me, but theyre neccesary for me to live a normal life so please don't get into those for fun.

2-4MG will help you sleep, i have a friend that's prescribed 6mg clonazepam everyday for sleep but this isn;t to be taken lightly. you must look at them as a hard drug, because they really are, they match heroin if you really wana think about it, without them you just can't function, are i terrible withdrawal however benzo wd can kill.

also if youre gonna be up and about and think it'll help you get sleepy forget it, lie down, (2-4mg) is a relatively decent dose for a naive user and it will work, clonazepam is a slower acting and muuuuuch longer lasting drug and i find it KICKS XANAXS ass

also if youre gonna be up and about and think it'll help you get sleepy forget it, lie down, (2-4mg) is a relatively decent dose for a naive user and it will work, clonazepam is a slower acting and muuuuuch longer lasting drug and i find it KICKS XANAXS ass
Amen to that brother, clonazepam is the king of the traditional benzos.

I've got extensive experience with nearly all benzos and I tend to agree with others that Clonazepam is the best! Don't under-estimate it its strong stuff I've lost plenty of memories because of it.