• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam not effective?

sturdychinfilms

Bluelighter
Because of my serious anxiety issues I finally found a Dr. who would prescribe me benzos (due to my history of heroin abuse most kick me out the door), but this guy finally prescribed me clonazepam. First he precribed it in .5mg three/day which did absolutely nothing unless I took them all at once. I convinced him into prescribing me 1mg three/day which if I take one by itself does very very little at curbing my anxiety (I also just started taking Mirtazapine 15mg/day to help with depression/anxiety as well). Also, the onset is so slow that when my anxiety is through the roof, I have to wait 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours to kind of bring me down.

He asked if I wanted Valium instead last visit but he was only willing to prescribe me 10mg 3/day and with my passed experience with valium I could not feel any anxiety relief unless I had at least 25-30mg of it so I decided the clonazepam would be the better choice. I was prescribed alprazolam in the passed and 1.5mgs worked like a fucking charm except the half life is so short and I highly doubt this guy is gonna give me a script of 1.5mg alprozalam three times a day.

I know clonozepam is a long lasting benzo and I've tried taking all three at like 9am which FINALLY gave me some relief, but by 5pm, I was back to full blown anxiety. I'm really hoping that the Mirtazipine will have a positive affect on this to the point where I can ween off the anxiety but I'm trying to find some way to deal with this legitimately in the mean time.

Any ideas of how I should approach this with my doctor?

Thanks everyone,

J

I'd take the valuim sure the 3mg kpin>30mgvaluim in the conversion charts for total strength but valiums are like the middle ground between Xanax and kpin IMO as In not super long acting like kpins but also not sooo short acting like zannys so I tho

^ As much as I love clonazepam due to its extremely subtle (less addictive than shorter-acting benzos), very anxiolytic, and long-lasting effects, I have to agree here. It is rare to find a doctor that will prescribe 30mg of Valium daily, even though it is only equivalent to 1.5mg xanax or 1.5mg Klonopin, it is somewhat more recreational and hypnotic, which could be a bad thing In terms of HR (harm reduction).

Also, any dose over 2mg Klonopin or Xanax will get you very physically dependent and possibly addicted, very quickly. I hope you're not new to benzos... I learned about the horrors of benzo w/d here on Bluelight after I was prescribed them for over 3 months daily, back in 2010. Here I am, still on them in 2014, with a year-long break in 2011, and a month break a bit ago.

Benzos are important tools for anxiety and panic attacks, they are not toys to play with recreationally. Tread with caution, brave Bluelighters.

Last edited:
i have lots of experience with xanax and clonazepam, and i pick clonazepam. but it depends what you want to use it for.

even though i can get prescribed both (not at the same time) i recently asked my doctor for xanax cause i havent used it in a while, and let me tell you, i do not miss it it at all.

i have a pretty decent tolerance when it comes to benzos. 2.5mg of klonopin KNOCKS ME OUT COLD. 2.5 or even 3mg of xanax just fucks me up and i lose all my motor skills i cant even type of hold my phone.

i prefer klonopin cause it lasts longer, i feel its a cleaner "high", is a muscle relaxant and sort of an anti-depressant. and best of all it doesnt "fuck me up", even if i take too much. i feel like it works more behind the scenes. if only it hit you as fast as xanax does!