• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Clonazepam BA, peak time and duration of action

Zepic

Greenlighter
So, whats the BA of clonazepam? And when it peaks? And duration of action when taken orally? Also when does it peak and how long it works sublingual?

So, whats the BA of clonazepam? And when it peaks? And duration of action when taken orally? Also when does it peak and how long it works sublingual?
Also, when clonazepam starts working when taken orally? And off topic, how i can write fat letter title?

Clonazepam has a long eliminationhalf-life. Elimination half-life refers to how long it takes for half of a single dose of a drug to leave the body. Forclonazepam, its elimination half-life ranges from 30 to 40 hours. This means that it will take between one to two days for just 50% of Klonopin to leave your system.

Its not a noticeable peak like alprazolam. Comes on much slower and over a long period. Its great for anxiety. Lasts for a couple of days (im on 2x2mg/D)

Clonazepam has a long eliminationhalf-life. Elimination half-life refers to how long it takes for half of a single dose of a drug to leave the body. Forclonazepam, its elimination half-life ranges from 30 to 40 hours. This means that it will take between one to two days for just 50% of Klonopin to leave your system.

Its not a noticeable peak like alprazolam. Comes on much slower and over a long period. Its great for anxiety. Lasts for a couple of days (im on 2x2mg/D)
Thanks for info! Im on 1mg, been tapering for months from 6mg.

Wikipedia:
It has an elimination half-life of 19–60 hours.Peak blood concentrations of 6.5–13.5 ng/mL were usually reached within 1–2 hours following a single 2 mg oral dose of micronized clonazepam in healthy adults. In some individuals, however, peak blood concentrations were reached at 4–8 hours

No worries! Anxiety? Or seizures? Well done with the tapering.
Really bad anxiety..im also on suboxone treatment and i am from Finland so here we go to suboxone clinic everyday and with this 1mg clonazepam dose i cant everytime even go to take my suboxone :/ i have doctors appointment next wedesday so i try to talk about this anxiety, if doctor can do something for it. But havent had seizures, thats good.

Now half life and duration of action are not necessarily synonymous. Benzos in particular have much longer half lives than they do duration of action. Typically the more fat solvable the drug is, the less the half life matches the duration.

MDMA is an oddity, at recreational doses it has a long half life but moderate duration.

For me, kpin comes on in about 20 mins, peaks at 80 mins and lasts 8-12 hours. I take .5 mg 4x day (illicit, not rx)

Now half life and duration of action are not necessarily synonymous. Benzos in particular have much longer half lives than they do duration of action. Typically the more fat solvable the drug is, the less the half life matches the duration.

MDMA is an oddity, at recreational doses it has a long half life but moderate duration.

For me, kpin comes on in about 20 mins, peaks at 80 mins and lasts 8-12 hours. I take .5 mg 4x day (illicit, not rx)
This is very true

We all metabolize differently but I have now been prescribed Clonazepam for over a decade so have a decent knowledge on it. I was on Alprazolam for years prior. I found that Xanax (sublingual) literally kicked in instantly. Mid-panic I would take 2MG and it'd just disappear. But as soon as it came, it was gone. Even just orally it'd hit in 20 minutes but the anxiety crept up within 2 hours.

For me, Clonazepam is a godsend. 2MG orally takes 30 minutes to kick in and peaks after about 120 minutes give or take. Sublingually makes the onset a bit faster at maybe 10-15 minutes and the peak is about the same. To be honest, with this medication the peak isn't very intense but it seems to last all day. Once the dose is in you, you should be anxiety free for the remaining part of your day. Awesome getting down to 1MG by the way