• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clobazam - the unusual benzodiazepine

AlsoTapered

Bluelighter
It seems that nobody else has reported on Frisium (clobazam). It's a long-acting benzodiazepine about 50% the potency of diazepam but it is long-acting and is more or less the only alternative to clonazapam for certain medical conditions such as myoclonic jerks. I need crutches to walk and a sudden contraction of an arm muscle would be bad. It also does duty keeping seizures at bay thus it's of great utility.

Anyone who uses benzodiazepines occasionally or at a low done might do well to switch given that it's synthetically more complex and to the best of my knowledge, no fakes have ever been reported. I think right now, that is an important consideration. The white biconvex 10mg tablets are very distinctive and being pure white, wouldn't lend themselves to faking (having noted badly made fakes aren't pure brilient white).

Anyone can look up the indications for the use of this medicine and although I never had to fake my symptoms (I was jerking around so much, I couldn't sleep so I was having seizures) but when I went to my doctor, there was no wait to see a consultant, it was considered serious enough for them to just write a prescription and ring after a week to see if it was working.

It does have a ceiling dose of 40mg/day but even if you have tolerance to other benzodiazepines, you won't have any tolerance to clobazam since it binds to different sites (technically it's a 1,5-benzodiazepine while the others are ALL 1,4-benzodiazepines) and so offers a way to avoid dependence (flip-flopping).

I know it isn't as strong as mad stuff like flunitrazolam, but people tell me that 1 x 10mg diazepam + 1 x 10mg clobazam is subjectively more potent than 20mg of diazepam.

IF anyone else has experienced clobazam, I would be interested to compare notes.

My experience with it was purely medical. Preventing an upcoming seizure, seems very good at that plus the anti anxiety effect's helped to. As an possible coming seizure gives me the fear.

To the effect's well its not like any benzo I ever tried. Not even Pyrazolam, which ime is way more benzo like. But also a nice invention.
Clobazam took away the visual mostly but also mental effects (fear) of epilepsy. But unlike Diazepam which has me flat at 20 mg the equivalent of Clobazam would not induce any tiredness. Loved it to bad its so hard to come by due to shortage's I can't fill my script even if I wanted. While RC's are mostly delivered the next day, strange world.

Am sure I’ve seen users on Reddit consuming it.

It def is an unusual benzo, never tried it but would like to some day.

Don't bother taking a handful - I've posted hotlinks to experiments in which 'supertheeaputic' doses were tested and 20mg [BID] is the limit. I think it's because it almost fully occupies the b2y2 & b2y3 GABAA receptors it binds to.

Now THAT should make it a better option for the treatment of anxiety - it's abuse potential is vastly lower than any 1,4-benzodiazepine.