• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Clinic to offer free ‘Breaking Bad’ rehab

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
An Albuquerque mental health clinic is using hit show Breaking Bad and its methamphetamine trafficking theme to help fight addiction.

KRQE-TV reported that Sage Neuroscience Center has partnered with HealthShire.com to give away two addiction-treatment scholarships at the end of the AMC television series.

The “Breaking Addiction” awards are open to residents in the Albuquerque area over 18 who cannot afford treatment for their addictions.

Applicants have to submit their story of addiction, which will be compiled into a collection for addiction awareness and posted online.

cont at
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/article_951e617a-9edf-5ede-9353-26bb134fab62.html

I really hope that they have at least contacted AMC to see about getting a huge sponsorship. This is obviously fantastic but can you imagine pouring your heart and soul into a letter in an attempt to save your life and waiting it out like a fuckin raffle!? it seems poorly thought out. Heart in the right place... But two applicants will be chosen? Thats sad. They should contact AMC.

Obamacare will cover rehab now. Many meth addicts will get free Obamacare under the Medicaid expansion (if NM is participating in the Medicaid expansion). This would only really be a prize for those with good income who choose to not buy insurance (choose to incur the tax penalty).

Obamacare will cover rehab now. Many meth addicts will get free Obamacare under the Medicaid expansion (if NM is participating in the Medicaid expansion). This would only really be a prize for those with good income who choose to not buy insurance (choose to incur the tax penalty).

Really? I need to look into what i qualify for im 24 and still on my parents insurance for another year. Bit i maxed out my lifetime mental health coverage limit so no more inpatient for me.

I agree that the whole thing is sad.