Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Cleaning MDMA

zapper

Greenlighter
Hi,

I stumbled across several articles regarding cleaning mdma solvents or alcohol such as isopropyl or acetone.
Initially I think this could be a great experiment / idea, especially if there is bad quality locally. I'd imagine you would loose a lot, but the result would be a more pure substance.

What are bluelighters thoughts on this?
Good idea, bad idea, worth it?

Regards,

There's many guides online I believe if you search 'MDMA acetone wash'. I think the basic jist is to acquire acetone, turn this into anhydrous acetone using Epsom salts, adding your MDMA to it, then somehow processing this mixture to recrystallise MDMA.HCl, with any impurities that were insoluble in acetone (or maybe it's the other way round), removed. Anyway like I said there's plenty of guides online. Also, it's worth noting that methamphetamine, amphetamine, and MDA and a few other compounds (I'm pretty sure it's those) WON'T be cleaned out by this technique, so you should still send it to a lab to check for active cuts, or at least use a reagent kit, it should clean out a lot of the nasty non active leftovers from the orginal synthesis though.

IME ether or IPA are much better than acetone. I've always found acetone to result in significantly more loss of product than ether, but this is just with MDA. I would expect similar or worse loss with MDMA, so I just stick with ether.

IME ether or IPA are much better than acetone. I've always found acetone to result in significantly more loss of product than ether, but this is just with MDA. I would expect similar or worse loss with MDMA, so I just stick with ether.

Maybe more loss of product is meaning more impurities are being cleaned out and the end result is cleaner though? I'm not too sure, I've never actually done it

It seems logical that loss of product has a direct relation to impurities. I'm interested how it would effect the experience.
Less pure = More speedy less empathy?
More pure = Floaty and lovey?

It seems logical that loss of product has a direct relation to impurities. I'm interested how it would effect the experience.
Less pure = More speedy less empathy?
More pure = Floaty and lovey?
No. I don't think that correct.
Less pure= more extra crap in your crystals (the extra may or may not be active but doubtful they'd change your experience that much)