• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cleaning bongs with built in downstem

Ah much better I can see your problem with that clog. Very nice piece btw. I think this may help you.

1. Place a couple drops (use an eye dropper if you have one) of iso directly into the bowl. Allow to sit for 30 seconds.
2. Gently run hot water on your faucet and place the bowl directly underneath it. Allow to soak/run in water until you see black chips come out; should only be a few minutes until a small hole is formed unclogging it.
3. Pour out any remaining water in the bowl.
4. Pour salt directly ontop of the bowl.
5. Pour a very small amount of iso (more than a few drops but less than enough to soak it) into the bowl.
6. Place your palm over the bowl and gently shake the piece for a few minutes. Hold with both hands so you don't drop it and don't shake it near objects.

Notes on the process:
The hot water tends to make the resin chip off and the iso will melt it using the salt as a scrub as previously noted. You can repeat the process as necessary, but your piece (other than the clogged downstem) looks fairly clean so you probably won't need to.

And if ^ that doesn't work, there is the option of boiling it.

I have boiled pieces that I gave up on and returned them to life. It's pretty easy. Just boil water and throw it in. It will make everything smell like shit fyi.

In the future, clean this piece often so it doesn't get clogged.

Bubblers are a major pain in the ass to clean, but they sure are pretty. I would always clean my bubblers in a quart-sized freezer Ziploc with warm 91% iso and salt, the whole piece submerged like I clean my dry pipes. After shaking for a minute or two, breaking a q-tip's head off and using that as a soft scraper helps physically clear the gunk out of the downstem.

And if ^ that doesn't work, there is the option of boiling it.

I have boiled pieces that I gave up on and returned them to life. It's pretty easy. Just boil water and throw it in. It will make everything smell like shit fyi.

In the future, clean this piece often so it doesn't get clogged.
Thanks, but i think u might be a bit confused because my downstem is not clogged it is just dirty. I cant really get the alchohol to stay up the middle of the downstem. I think pouring some through it will lossen it up for me to break up. I usually clean my peice every day the most i go is 2 days. But i should bt getting my stemless bong very soon so i wont have to worry about that and keep everything nice and clean. Fyi im pretty sure boiling glass will put alot of stress on it and possibly crack it. Ill use the broken qtip idea too

my downstem is not clogged it is just dirty.
I like to roll up a paper towl soaked slightly in iso and then twist it into a long pipe cleaner shape and use that to do some touch ups on my downstems if that's all you are after.

Fyi im pretty sure boiling glass will put alot of stress on it and possibly crack it
Anytime you heat glass and cool it too fast it will break. I've never broken a piece simply by boiling it. Again, it's a last resort tech that is quite effective.

I like to roll up a paper towl soaked slightly in iso and then twist it into a long pipe cleaner shape and use that to do some touch ups on my downstems if that's all you are after.

Anytime you heat glass and cool it too fast it will break. I've never broken a piece simply by boiling it. Again, it's a last resort tech that is quite effective.
Thanks for the advice man i will try the paper towel technique as well. Btw since i got the question awnsered what kind of piece do you smoke out of w0lfgame?

I think the salt method is the best, I saw a video on you tube. What I do is pour quite a bit of salt and rubbing alcohol, especially in the bowl part. (where u load your weed)

Then grab a Tupperware plastic container and make sure your bowl is submerged in the salt/alcohol.... let it sit about an hour. Rinse with very hot water, while shaking your bowl.
I also use a paperclip to make it almost 100% clean. This is my method, but keep in mind I use very small, cheap bowls.

Good Luck:)