• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Clean record facing sales charge of small amount of heroin, what am i looking at?

Ghostdeini87

Greenlighter
I got arrested recently for a felony sale to an undercover cop. It happened like 2 years ago and because they didnt want to blow up the undercovers spot, they waited to arrest me. I have a clean record and basically they are charging me for an incident where they say i ran across the street from one gas station to the other and gave a little 50 bag of heroin to an undercover cop. My dealer thought he was being safe by using me to meet the guy for the first time to see if he was ok to deal with. Since nothing happened to me he figured the guy was safe to sell to and started meeting him, which im pretty sure eventually led to his arrest bc i havent seen him in a while. Right now i have a public defender but i talked to him today and im thinking i deff need to get a lawyer. If i go get a decent lawyer can i avoid jail time since i have a totally clean record and at the time i was in the midst of a serious heroin addiction?

hey man I don't think you can ask for legal advice here

you sold to an undercover but they arrested you 2 year later? that's kinda weird

and you didn't mention how much weight

we can only speculate

Was probably like a half gram, they didnt want to blow the undercovers spot so they waited to arrest me.

I was just running something next door for my dealer, money didnt even go to me ive never been a dealer.

I just wanna know if its automatic jail time or can i get off with probation or something.

When I was 18, I got my first charge for trying to intervene in someone else selling heroin based upon my morals at the time and wound up handing it off to a CI, got same charge as you. (Which is what pushed me to try heroin in the first place). I was facing five years minimum, they pled it down to possession of drug paraphernalia. Depends on your lawyer. I got a year of probation.

(I was also arrested many months after it happened and it was a huge shock)

I had a brain tumor years ago and they gave me percocet, wound up getting hooked and making stupid decisions. I guess i have to negotiate with the DA, i think public defender is trying to spook me to get info. They already arrested the kid i did the favor for, pretty sure hes in jail. Im clean now and finally getting my life together i only smoke weed. Im hoping they realize i was under the influence of a drug addiction and im not some kingpin or dealer in any sense. You know how it is youre at the dealers mercy if they tell you to run a little half g across the street your not in the right state of mind and doing risky things. I wasnt moving keys or even a g lol. Im pretty much blind sided by this.

You very well could face a minimum of 5 years if you don't get a plea deal, which they will likely offer. The more money you spend on an attorney, the more likely he is to play golf with the DA and judge.

Too many variables for us to be able to give you a clear answer about this. I think it's against BL policy to discuss legal stuff too.

I'd say that you have a pretty good shot at leniency from the court, though, considering what you've posted (i.e., that you had a medical condition which resulted in a substance use disorder, via your prescribed treatment for said condition, and you have since been in recovery). That's a narrative that I think the court will be receptive to in the current legal/political environment, especially since you have a clean record.