• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos clarithromycin and Valium

Soul11

Bluelighter
curruntly on 1000mg a day for 1 week regiment, will taking around 50-60mg valium at once and clarithromycin will be safe ?

curruntly on 1000mg a day for 1 week regiment, will taking around 50-60mg valium at once and clarithromycin will be safe ?

From what I've read the only thing you would have to worry about is an increase in sedation.

From what I've read the only thing you would have to worry about is an increase in sedation.
some people says it could bring serious side effect such as if you take it with Lorazepam like this thread- https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/urgent-advice-on-drug-interaction-risk-benzos.830589/

i was also under impression that taking high does of valium such as 50-60mg also raises clarythromycin as well

clarithromycin (and other antibiotics) is a powerful inhibitor of enzyme CYP3A4

the increased sedation is likely due to this inhibition which causes higher blood concentration and increased duration of diazepam

it's generally safe combo as long as you are tolerant to that much diazepam, but you should expect increased sedation and amnesia... so don't drive anywhere and stay home

I don't believe they interact any other way, but I am not expert