Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Citicoline + MDMA?

Art of Happiness

Greenlighter
Hi,

Almost a year ago, I added Citicoline to my supplement regimen. Citicoline is a nootropic which, amongst other things, increases the production of acetylcholine through its involvement in the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine. If truth be told, my neurological knowledge is very limited, and I could not tell you how it works with any precision. However, I have noted improved focus, memory, spatial awareness and mood at times from taking CDP, although at other times I have noted the exact opposite, which I suspect to mean that my acetylcholine levels were too high. Consequently, I take it when I feel I need it.

I have not, however, rolled since I have started taking it. I am due to roll tonight - do you think it would be safe for me to take Citicoline this morning? Beyond this primary safety question: could it have positive/negative effects on my roll?

One of my worries is that it thought to have some impact on serotonin, and serotonin syndrome is definitely not on my Christmas wish-list.

Of course, the safe bet would be to not take it, but I'm intrigued as to whether others have tried it, or have a more informed opinion than my own.

Many thanks.

I did a little bit of reading and it seems as though this nootropic increases levels of dopamine with no mention of interference of serotonin levels.

On wikipedia it's also stated that it has neuroprotective effects;-
The neuroprotective effects exhibited by citicoline may be due to its preservation of cardiolipin and sphingomyelin, preservation of arachidonic acid content of phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamine, partial restoration of phosphatidylcholine levels, and stimulation of glutathione synthesis and glutathione reductase activity. Citicoline’s effects may also be explained by the reduction of phospholipase A2 activity.[19] Citicoline increases phosphatidylcholine synthesis.[20][21][22] The mechanism for this may be:

By converting 1, 2-diacylglycerol into phosphatidylcholine
Stimulating the synthesis of SAMe, which aids in membrane stabilization and reduces levels of arachidonic acid. This is especially important after an ischemia, when arachidonic acid levels are elevated.[23]

I'd think it's safe. I don't believe it's on the dangerous combo list.