View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Citalopram before lsd need help

Myety

Greenlighter
I took 60mg of citalopram that isn’t prescribed to me so this was the first time I took it and I’m not taking it again. I’m wondering because you must avoid SSRI’s before taking lsd but I haven’t seen anything about if you only take it once? Do I still have to wait the 2-4 weeks? I want the full effects of the lsd this’ll be my first trip coming up

No, you don‘t need to worry about a dangerous interaction between SSRI’s and LSD; in fact, taking an SSRI on a daily basis tends to diminish the effects of LSD to some extent (you can still get the full effects, you‘ll just require a slightly higher dose).

However, a single dose of an SSRI isn’t going to have much of an impact, if any at all.

So I should still be good to take the acid without losing some of the effect or just having messed up serotonin levels?

Honestly I can‘t imagine there being any noticeable difference if you were to drop acid, say, 48 hours after taking a single therapeutic dose of citalopram.

If the trip seems too weak I‘d put that down to underdosed blotters.

At any rate, please don‘t get paranoid about not getting the full experience and think you have to dose higher. Being in a paranoid mindset and dosing too high are both great ways to ruin your first trip.

Okay thank you a lot I was getting really sad I was going to have to wait a few weeks to experience acid.

You will be fine. Even if you took MDMA you'd more than 95% chance be fine too. SSRI's have a mad/weird instant effect but they really take a good few weeks at least to start working properly.