• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ciprofloxacin.. toenail removal.. fucking dermatologists are lame fucks!

Draven26

Bluelighter
So I had an ingrown toenail and ended up at the dermatologist and these fuck heads decided that removing the whole toenail would be the best option. I should of gotten a second opinion. Long story short I should of went with my gut instinct and not gone to the dermatologist but instead find myself a podiatrist and I also should of used neosporin instead of just vaseline like they suggested but it has some sort of infection and they didn't give me any paperwork that says what kind of infection. But I'm really freaking out and no way in fucking hell am I taking this Ciprofloxacin as an anti-biotic. Too many serious side effects and I don't like the permanent tendon damage.. amongst other side effects that don't sound pleasant and from personal experience my body doesn't handle antibiotics well so I'm gonna find myself a podiatrist but any advice on what the fuck any of you would do in this situation? For the time being should I bother with any over the counter creams or no? I'm trying not to lose my fucking toe over here.. I get suicidal way too fucking easy and I don't trust myself when shit goes bad in my life!

Pseudomonas!!! That's what they say I have.. Mother fucking cunts go from "Oh it looks great!" to "Oh no you have a bad infection.. pseudomonas to be exact because we dermatologists don't know how to give you proper after care instructions even though I did what you dumbasses told me to and used vaseline and smeared it onto my foot instead of using an antibiotic like neosporin and now I'm left with this infection just wait till I show up to the place tomorrow and choke that bitch ass out and fuck her ass to death.. cunt! FUCK!

don't know how to give you proper after care instructions
Or you have a problem following after care instructions?

Yeah. Um. Ok. Choke that bitch out. That’ll solve you’re problem.
On top of removing your toenail, they should have....

Never mind. I’m going to play nice. My useless post is just as useless as the OP replying to himself.

Or you have a problem following after care instructions?

Yeah. Um. Ok. Choke that bitch out. That’ll solve you’re problem.
On top of removing your toenail, they should have....

Never mind. I’m going to play nice. My useless post is just as useless as the OP replying to himself.

No go ahead tell me how you feel.. don't worry you won't hurt my feelings. And don't worry I'm not going to choke a bitch out I was just expressing some anger I had earlier but I wouldn't act on it because I don't harm any women but why do you think they should of removed the nail? The ingrown toenail wasn't even that bad.. what they did was a lot worse. Oh.. and speaking of instructions.. I was given none! They didn't send me out with any paper work and I asked them what to do after and all they said was smear vaseline and call it a day.. but sure I'm the one who's at fault for all of this.. that's fine!

PLEASE NEVER EVER take CIPROFLOXACIN!!! I always wonder why it is still on the market! Especially you, you are very sportive! And this med causes rupture of tendons ( I had minimum 6 or 7 patients with torn achilles tendons or torn biceps after the took Ciprofloxacin!)! Thank God you read the information!

Doctors are bitches. For sure they are well paid for prescribing this. If you read the complete information you will see that it can have aftereffects

7 years!!

And not only for your muscles, also it affects your blood in a very negative way.

JJ

Pseudomonas!!! That's what they say I have.. Mother fucking cunts go from "Oh it looks great!" to "Oh no you have a bad infection.. pseudomonas to be exact because we dermatologists don't know how to give you proper after care instructions even though I did what you dumbasses told me to and used vaseline and smeared it onto my foot instead of using an antibiotic like neosporin and now I'm left with this infection just wait till I show up to the place tomorrow and choke that bitch ass out and fuck her ass to death.. cunt! FUCK!

Then the next step should be a good surgeon who could minimize the damage! Dermatologists are only allowed to work on your skin layers but not deeper. If it is already going deeper then go to a surgeon who is able to fix it. I am really sorry for you!

JJ

I get suicidal way too fucking easy and I don't trust myself when shit goes bad in my life!

Yeah def avoid the cipro then. Not as commonly mentioned but it can really fuck with your head. Taken a couple courses of it and both times became depressed, had intrusive suicidal thoughts, and my SO noted I seemed frantic/confused. Thankfully no tendon damage or anything long-term, but very shitty.

Craven, you gotta be working hard to get in front of another doc for another opinion. Make the calls, do the groundwork. The only option in the end will be the ED or Urgent Care. I really reccomend trying to find an alternative.

OP, to clarify, you are now without a toenail on your big toe. You are not taking the prescribed antibiotics due to alleged side effects. Is this all right? Is the infection getting worse in your opinion.

I know this isn't really drug related but I feel trying protect this guy coincides with our general HR philosophy.

Craven, you gotta be working hard to get in front of another doc for another opinion. Make the calls, do the groundwork. The only option in the end will be the ED or Urgent Care. I really reccomend trying to find an alternative.

OP, to clarify, you are now without a toenail on your big toe. You are not taking the prescribed antibiotics due to alleged side effects. Is this all right? Is the infection getting worse in your opinion.

I know this isn't really drug related but I feel trying protect this guy coincides with our general HR philosophy.

I'm totally with you, Keif! This has to be really IMMEDIATELY done. A few months ago I had a course about escpecially Antibiotics, that's why I immediately told him not to take this because It can cause more damage on his body than the toe itself. You are right, an ER would be the best idea.

JJ

Hi OP, how are you doing today? What have you been done yesterday to get your toe fixed? I hope you could find a solution that is acceptable for you.

All the best,

JJ

Haha I appreciate all the responses and thank you guys for having my back to what one response was. Don’t know why she was hating but it’s all good I’m sure she was having a bad day!

I ended up calling my new primary doctor since they sent me my insurance card in the mail and thank God that same day I was able to do a video chat appointment with him and he agreed with me that the dermatologists were dumb fucks in wanting to remove the whole nail. I told him my ingrown toenail wasn’t even that infected and if anything I probably should of just continued with epson salt baths and even tried the natural route and done oregano oil drops before anything extreme but the dermatologist wanted to use me as a guinea pig and I was an idiot for letting them but you live and you learn.

So the new doctor referred me to a podiatrist and prescribed me doxycycline and I’m already getting stomach pains from it even when I eat but at least it’s only for 10 days. Just out of curiosity, how much worse do you think this would be if I was still using meth ? Would I be completely fucked or would I still have a chance to heal (( I mean my toe )) and also do antibiotics even work if the person is using meth or any drug daily? Probably not huh?

Have you considered using a chlorhexidine gluconate solution? It's a pre-surgical scrub and has worked wonders for me in the past when dealing with infections, though I've never tried it for an ingrown toenail. It stings a bit on an open wound, but might be worth considering. Keep in mind I'm only speaking from personal experience and have no medical experience beyond college anatomy and physiology courses.

Haha I appreciate all the responses and thank you guys for having my back to what one response was. Don’t know why she was hating but it’s all good I’m sure she was having a bad day!

I ended up calling my new primary doctor since they sent me my insurance card in the mail and thank God that same day I was able to do a video chat appointment with him and he agreed with me that the dermatologists were dumb fucks in wanting to remove the whole nail. I told him my ingrown toenail wasn’t even that infected and if anything I probably should of just continued with epson salt baths and even tried the natural route and done oregano oil drops before anything extreme but the dermatologist wanted to use me as a guinea pig and I was an idiot for letting them but you live and you learn.

So the new doctor referred me to a podiatrist and prescribed me doxycycline and I’m already getting stomach pains from it even when I eat but at least it’s only for 10 days. Just out of curiosity, how much worse do you think this would be if I was still using meth ? Would I be completely fucked or would I still have a chance to heal (( I mean my toe )) and also do antibiotics even work if the person is using meth or any drug daily? Probably not huh?

I'm sorry Draven,

but this you had to have asked your doctor - nobody knows here (I guess) which interactions Doxycycline with meth has. I would not risk the Antiobiotics to work. He does not say anything to anybody, so perhaps please call him tomorrow again or as in an ER or wherever. You are risking your life otherwise because of becoming a sepsis or something worse which untreated leads to death! Be always honest with your doctor, please, otherwise you could perhaps risk your life if the Doxycycline does not work while using meth. Please don't combine that!

Or phone somebody who is really into this issue - there are emergency call numbers where you can talk anonymously to somebody and so on....

Don't risk that toe or even your life please, you cannot imagine what THAT means. I CAN.

All the best,

JJ

I'm sorry Draven,

but this you had to have asked your doctor - nobody knows here (I guess) which interactions Doxycycline with meth has. I would not risk the Antiobiotics to work. He does not say anything to anybody, so perhaps please call him tomorrow again or as in an ER or wherever. You are risking your life otherwise because of becoming a sepsis or something worse which untreated leads to death! Be always honest with your doctor, please, otherwise you could perhaps risk your life if the Doxycycline does not work while using meth. Please don't combine that!

Or phone somebody who is really into this issue - there are emergency call numbers where you can talk anonymously to somebody and so on....

Don't risk that toe or even your life please, you cannot imagine what THAT means. I CAN.

All the best,

JJ

I know you don’t have to worry about that I know better and besides I’m not going to screw up my sobriety you know? And you are right I do not want to lose my toe!!

OK - and what is the outcome now? If you loose a big toe, you will experience the first time how strong it it, how hard you need it to walk normally and without a big toe and the limping that will never get better you will have pain from your head to your non existing toe.

It's your choice! Have you been in an ER, an ambulance, at a surgeon since you post here because of your toe? Did you call an anonymous hotline?

With WHAT EXACTLY will you "screw up your sobriety"???? Did I get you wrong? Are you sober - I guess no, you just want to let your fingers off the meth for a few days, right?Correct me if I'm false. And of course you know everything better. You are definitely not compliant.

Do what you have to do but after amputation can I have the big toe in a glass of Formaldehyd just to have lovely emotions when I see it standing beside my bed.

JJ

EDIT: Why are you talking about SOBRIETY? I think you will still shooting up Meth while eating the Antibiotics???????

Last edited:

Be happy if it is just the toe nail you will loose.....

Why are you going off on me and accusing me of using still? I'm not using anymore I've been clean for two years.. I put that on my life! Thanks for caring but damn man I don't need to lie and if I was lying I'd be lying to myself and I am done hurting myself with that bullshit. I'm waiting for the podiatrist to call me that's all. My primary doctor referred me to a podiatrist and I've been following his orders and taking my doxycycline and so far it looks like it's healing pretty good. The pain has gone down and the redness has gone away so I think I'm gonna be all right man!

Just out of curiosity, how much worse do you think this would be if I was still using meth ? Would I be completely fucked or would I still have a chance to heal (( I mean my toe )) and also do antibiotics even work if the person is using meth or any drug daily? Probably not huh?

I know I'm coming in on the tail end of your issue, OP. Just a response to this side topic you brought up. I don't have any sources at the ready, but in my experience, meth most definitely can exacerbate any skin and nail related infection. Since amphetamines are strong vasoconstrictors, your body isn't circulating the normal volume of blood in its most narrow blood vessels, which include those in the outermost areas of your body (skin, fingers, toes). Without ample blood flow your immune system can't circulate antibodies to the infection site, nor can it remove any wastes to be cleared by the kidneys (dead bacteria, et al). This is a necessary function of the immune process that is inhibited by meth. During my meth days, I had my fair share of little cuts on my hands and fingers get infected if I wasn't regularly washing my hands. Also, the only time I've ever had cellulitis was when I was on meth and homeless, so not bathing regularly. Had to get that one drained at the ER. I should note that good hygiene can prevent the issues I had. However, since your toe nail wasn't a hygiene issue, I still thought I'd related this anecdote. This is why stimulants and diabetes are such a bad combo. Diabetes attacks the small capillaries.

As far as meth specific interaction with antibiotics, can't comment but probably varies between the various major antibiotic classes. As others have said, it'd surely inhibited their effectiveness.